This position provides a wide range of network engineering services including: design and specifications; installation supervision; validation and certification; performance troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance of network systems. Network systems include but are not limited to business, manufacturing factory floor, PLC networks and HMI networks. May direct and lead the work of others.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality, timely network engineering consultation and design services to clients
- Design, install, configure, optimize and support client manufacturing networks – Ethernet I/P, PLC, HMI
- Respond, isolate, diagnose and resolve client network problems.
- Perform network certification of client networks – TCP/IP, Ethernet I/P, PLC, HMI
- Work with sales team on clients presentations, project planning, implementation, training, and on-going support
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and methodologies related to network engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in industrial network engineering required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth experience with TCP/IP both from an administrative level as well as at an API level
- Proficient in analysis of network traffic using tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark, or other similar tools
- Proficient in firewall concepts and configuration.
- Systems: Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS
- Solid knowledge of AutoCAD and/or VISIO drawing programs
- Knowledge of PLC, DCS and SCADA systems preferred.
- Knowledge of IP data technologies, including but not limited to routing protocols, IGMP, and VLAN manipulation.
- Knowledge of various wireless technologies, including but not limited to GSM, UMTS, CDMA, Wi-Fi and standards.
- Knowledge of Serial based protocols.