At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Responsibilities
Northrop Grumman is seeking a well-qualified Network Communications Engineer to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the El Segundo area. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs.
- Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in support of customer requirements.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, switches, WAN accelerators, etc.
- Proposes solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, weekends, and support on call status as needed.
- Associate's degree and 4 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience OR Master's degree and 0 years of experience; 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
- IAT Level II certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 3 months of start date
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Cisco hardware including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS/IT related field
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e. SolarWinds, WireShark, Riverbed App Transaction, etc.)
- DISA STIGs knowledge and/or implementation experience
- Network encryption devices experience
- Cisco Call Manager experience
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto hardware including routers, switches, and firewalls
$79,300 - $118,900
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.