Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Our Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Principal Data Platform Architect focused in Data Apps to join our Field CTO Office who can provide leadership in working with both technical and business executives in the design and architecture of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform as a critical component of their enterprise data architecture and overall ecosystem.
In this role you will work with sales teams, product management, and technology partners to leverage best practices and reference architectures highlighting Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform as a core technology enabling platform for the emerging Data Application workload throughout an organization.
As a Principal Data Platform Architect focused in Data Apps, you must share our passion and vision in helping our customers and partners drive faster time to insight through Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
ON DAY ONE, WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Apply your data application architecture expertise while presenting Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at strategic prospects, customers, and partners
- Work with our product management, partners, and sales teams in order to drive innovation in our Cloud Data Platform
- Partner with sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate and accelerate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based enterprise architecture deliverables and working sessions to ensure customers are set up for success operationally, and support strategic enterprise pilots / proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate closely with our Product team to effectively influence the Cloud Data Platform product roadmaps based on field team and customer feedback
- Partner with Product Marketing teams to spread awareness and support pipeline building via customer roundtables, conferences, events, blogs, webinars, and whitepapers
- Contribute to the creation of reference architectures, blueprints, best practices, etc. based on field experience to continue to up-level and enable our internal stakeholders and Snowflake Powered by Program
- 10+ years of full stack application architecture experience with a deep understanding of how to scale applications with large data sets
- 3+ years of Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) customer facing application development experience
- Experience with Snowflake a plus
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Broad range of experience with on-prem and/or cloud databases
- Industry Focus a plus (Education, Federal, Financial Services, Healthcare & Lifesciences, Insurance, Adv. Media, Retail CPG, Technology and Telecom)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $210,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?