SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Officer
(ISSO) to join our team at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, Honolulu, HI. Our team, based in Honolulu, Hawaii, creates, manages, and supports IT solutions for USINDOPACOM, its mission, and its 5,000+ customers throughout the Pacific theater. We tackle challenging technical problems critical to enabling USINDOPACOM’s realization of time-sensitive C2 strategies.
In your role as Information Systems Security Officer at SOS International LLC, you will be part of a team responsible for overseeing the entire Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle, from identifying and prioritizing security risks, to implementing and monitoring security controls. This is a challenging and rewarding position that offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on USINDOAPCOM’s cybersecurity posture.
- Assist the ISSM (Information System Security Manager) in formulating and upholding an organized information system security program and policies that are applicable to their assigned area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain secure computer systems and networks for classified processing, and take responsibility for the administration, maintenance, and security auditing of such systems.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of guidelines and policies for operational information systems security.
- Manage assigned eMASS (Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service) packages containing all security authorizations for information systems under their supervision.
- Coordinate inspections, tests, and reviews of information system security.
- As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for contributing your expertise and skills to help ensure the team's success in responding to security incidents and protecting organizational assets.
- Apply practical understanding of the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to support the execution of the Customer’s information system patch and vulnerability management program.
- Maintain thorough understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) and ensure they are reviewed, maintained, and updated on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance with Configuration Management policies and procedures for authorizing the use of hardware and software on an information system.
- Engage with external stakeholders to facilitate the coordination of interconnection requests and ensure that such requests are processed and approved in an efficient manner.
- Advance Subject Matter Expertise, of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Manage, maintain, and execute the information security continuous monitoring plan.
- Keep records of all security-related vulnerabilities POA&Ms and ensure that serious or unresolved violations are reported to the AO/DAO.
- Evaluate any changes to the system, its environment, and operational requirements that could impact security authorization.
- Active in-scope SECRET clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT-II compliant (CCNA-Security, CySA+, GSEC, Security+ CE) or higher
- Thorough understanding of NIST Publication 800-53r5, Risk Management Framework, Executive Order 14028, and OMB Mandate M-22-09.
- Knowledge of NSA’s Commercial Solution for Classified (CSfC) solution and Cross Domain Solutions (CDS).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent years of related experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate tasks across functional groups.
- Active in-scope TOP SECRET clearance
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Recent experience in the assessment and authorization of systems.
- Practical knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Prior experience with eMASS or XACTA.
- Experience with compliance tools such as Tenable Nessus and scap.
- Experience in program policy and process creation and oversight
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends.
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.