No Agency Submissions Accepted.
Hybrid work model of 2 days in office per week in Sunnyvale, CA
In this role as Sr. Director of Global Corporate Communications at Illumio, you will oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive corporate communications strategy, including managing internal and external communications, serving as the primary company spokesperson, and leading a diverse team in areas such as media relations, social media, and public relations.
Everyday, you will engage in activities like developing and delivering key messages, managing relationships with industry analysts, composing communication materials, and collaborating closely with various teams to drive stories that align with Illumio’s goals.
To thrive in this role, you must bring over 12 years of corporate communications or public relations experience, possess strong media relations skills and a network of relevant contacts, demonstrate exceptional leadership in managing teams and agency relationships, and have the ability to make swift, strategic decisions based on business objectives, ideally with some background in cybersecurity.About the Team:
The Marketing team creates and develops Illumio’s global brand, helps drive revenue, and enables the Sales team’s future success. We are building on our position as a Zero Trust Leader to help more organizations stop cyberattacks and ransomware from spreading into cyber disasters.
We are constantly on the lookout for creative, ambitious, and meticulous marketers. If you thrive in fast-paced marketing environments and are known for ideas, problem-solving, and multiple hat-wearing skills then Illumio is a great fit for you. Come join one of the most creative, innovative and fun marketing teams. You will be challenged to do your best work and be given the flexibility and freedom to achieve your goals. Bring your game-changing, category-building approaches to solving customers problems to the team and help us dominate.Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Director of Communications will provoke interest and demand and build awareness in Illumio as a leader in security software. This is a key leadership role that requires a strategic thinker, a strong communicator, and a collaborative team player. As the Senior Director of Communications, you will:
- Oversee the development and production of communication materials, such as press releases, speeches, presentations, and social media content.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive corporate communications strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Serve as the primary company spokesperson, developing and delivering key messages to various audiences.
- Identify and manage potential communication risks and issues, developing and implementing crisis and rapid response communication plans.
- Functionally manage a team consisting of Americas PR, EMEA comms, social media and podcasts,
- Manage all aspects of internal and external communications, including media relations, employee communications, public relations, and social media.
- Manage the image of our key internal persona
- Manage relationships with industry analysts and thought leaders
- Help maintain and develop the speaker bureau for the company
- Raise awareness and preference for Illumio through top tier business and tech press, blogs, bylines, awards, customer case studies and other relevant types of content
- Drive proactive coverage that leverages existing media relationships, goes beyond product announcements and customer endorsements and ties into hot editorial trends
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations
- Direct social media team to build an active and meaningful social media strategy across LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and more
- Lead development of company spokespeople for media engagements specifically focused on the security and cloud markets
- Work closely with the PMM, PM, Sales and Engineering teams, to discover and drive stories that further Illumio’s goals
- Through a focus on PR you will:
- Establish and own relationship with a U.S.-based PR firm, ensuring our agency colleagues receive clear direction, hit quarterly targets, and are aligned on our strategy
- Establish and own relationships with a U.K.-based PR firm, as well as one for ANZ and ASEAN
- Work with content team and lead evangelists to develop thought leadership that drives engagement from new customers and press.
- Measure sentiment in tech press, align to stories that are already in flight
- 12+ years of corporate communications or public relations experience, including at least 3 years leading and developing a team of comms professionals and agency relationships.
- Strong media relations skills and existing network of relevant contacts set you apart.
- Cybersecurity experience: While not mandatory, experience in the cybersecurity space is a plus, as it helps you understand our unique challenges and opportunities.
- People Management: You are a compassionate and seasoned manager who prioritizes the growth, development, and needs of your team.
- In-house and agency experience preferred
- Experience managing combined teams of both in house and agency individuals
- Collaborate with peers on the demand generation team to advise on paid tactics and campaigns
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content on rapid deadlines
- Entrepreneurial — you are not afraid to create new things and think differently as the company scales. You are natural at making tough, level-headed, fast decisions based on business objectives
Illumio, the pioneer and market leader of Zero Trust segmentation, prevents breaches from becoming cyber disasters. Illumio protects critical applications and valuable digital assets with proven segmentation technology purpose-built for the Zero Trust security model. Illumio ransomware mitigation and segmentation solutions see risk, isolate attacks, and secure data across cloud-native apps, hybrid and multi-clouds, data centers, and endpoints, enabling the world’s leading organizations to strengthen their cyber resiliency and reduce risk.
Illumio believes that an environment of unique backgrounds, experiences, viewpoints, and individual contributions drives our success and makes us stronger together. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse culture and emphasizing inclusion and belonging.Pay Range:
$ 225,000.00USD - $ 270,000.00USD
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, or applicable laws.Benefits:
At Illumio we offer a wide range of benefits to our eligible team members. Our benefit programs vary by location and can include Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage – Health and Dependent Savings Accounts – Life and Disability Programs – Paid Parental Leave – Voluntary Benefit Programs – Company Sponsored Wellness Program – Wellness Reimbursement Program - Retirement Savings – Equity Opportunities – Paid time off and Paid Holidays – Employee Incentive Program.