SMX is seeking a System Administrator-Night Shift
to work within a 24x7 Information Technology Team supporting the Patuxent River Data Center under the NAWCAD DNA division. This is a position that provides a great opportunity for growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Work within a 24x7 team providing continual support and monitoring of computer systems by resolving or escalating problems that arise.
- Apply monthly maintenance on Windows OS devices to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Ensure monitoring tools are on-line and providing necessary alerting to provide notification of events/incidents/problems.
- Physical security monitoring for access control.
- Installation and cabling of systems within a Data Center.
- Assist with maintaining team documentation.
- Monitor Ticketing System Queues for inbound requests and/or issues.
- Perform shift turnover functions and ensure the next shift has knowledge of all outages, notifications, and tasks needed to complete shift responsibilities.
- Interface closely with management team by providing necessary notifications.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Data Center Management team.
- Clearance Required: Must hold active DOD Secret Clearance
- Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) certification required (Examples of minimum acceptable certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, G SEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- 1-2 years’ experience required
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems including installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance practices, including Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- Experience in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019 Operating Systems
- Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Ability to be a self-starter and take on the initiative to learn more advanced operations and technologies
- VMware knowledge preferred
- Degree in IT related field preferred
- Knowledge of ACAS and RMF preferred
- Unix knowledge desired
- AWS Cloud knowledge preferred
At SMX®, we are a team of technical and domain experts dedicated to enabling your mission. From priority national security initiatives for the DoD to highly assured and compliant solutions for healthcare, we understand that digital transformation is key to your future success.
We share your vision for the future and strive to accelerate your impact on the world. We bring both cutting edge technology and an expansive view of what’s possible to every engagement. Our delivery model and unique approaches harness our deep technical and domain knowledge, providing forward-looking insights and practical solutions to power secure mission acceleration.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including disability and veterans.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.