Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
- This position is open to applicants in the following locations: Florida, Georgia, and Alabama**
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology and has quickly expanded to become a recognized leader in the security and edge compute markets. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer, and delivers custom solutions. We focus on creating a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The sales team’s focus is driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in targeted accounts in a vertical selling motion. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect, and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly bookings and revenue targets.What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Accountable for driving new business within large enterprises and logos across multiple verticals (Commerce, Financial Services, and High Tech), while meeting or exceeding quota goals in the Southeast region
- Effectively and autonomously deliver the Fastly company story, pitch, and value proposition
- Work with Sales Management to prepare and lead proposals, quotes, and contracts. Use SFDC & other sales tools to maintain accounts/contacts, forecast opportunities, track prospecting activity, and build target lists using reports
- Lead all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation, closing steps, and account management
- Work with Sales Manager to map new accounts (incl. key stakeholders and business requirements), develop account plans and penetrate enterprise new logos
- Develop a framework for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, results and timelines for both sides. Be able to communicate this effectively to the customer. Coordinate Eval/Proof-Of-Concept with the customer. Validate success criteria using the appropriate testing methodology
We’ll be super impressed if you have experience in any of these:
- 7+ years of technology-related (B2B, SaaS preferred) sales, able to demonstrate development, growth, and expansion of territory. Experience selling into large enterprises. Experience running a successful greenfield sales pipeline and driving partnerships to closure
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in an energetic, remote sales team. Passion for working in a multifaceted, collaborative, and purpose-driven environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel to visit customers, and attend trade shows & field events as needed
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience with security technologies, content delivery network services, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery, or managed web hosting is highly utilized and desired
- Consistent success as a top seller (top 5%) within your current organization
- Experience working with large, complex organizations, and familiarity with complex procurement cycles
- Understanding how application security impacts a large enterprise, and working with a partner ecosystem to grow your pipeline
Work Locations & Travel Requirements:
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
This position is a remote role and open to candidates residing in the following locations: Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager. Anticipated travel - 30% of the time.
The estimated range for On-Target Earnings for this role is $229,510 to $286,890. On-Target Earnings consists of a combination of annual base pay and sales compensation variable target. The standard pay split for this role (i.e. base pay vs. variable target %) is 50/50%.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.Benefits
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), a non-accrual vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2024, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.Why Fastly?
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-287-4901.