Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Please note: You MUST CURRENTLY reside within a commutable distance to NYC to be considered for this position
Fastly is searching for an experienced IT Support Manager. You will have significant experience in supporting a fast-paced, high-growth environment, customer first, in-office and hybrid culture. You are comfortable working as part of a distributed team and will be supporting the operations in our global offices and our hybrid workforce, providing outstanding service for both in-office and remote employees.
You are someone who asks questions, is comfortable in not knowing every answer, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are customer focused, and you look through the lens of the customer experience. You are crisp and detail-oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
Our corporate infrastructure is 90% Mac, 10% other (Windows, Linux, etc.). We are a cloud-based company and use best-in-breed tools to enable and support our users, such as Okta, Google, Zoom, Jamf, Atlassian, Meraki.
As Hands-on technical Support Manager, you will oversee the company’s IT ticket lifecycle, metrics, SLAs while guiding the support team/individual contributors with their day-to-day support for network connectivity, user lifecycle management, software, hardware and in-office support including AV support.
- Manage and mentor a globally distributed team IT support specialists, including setting team goals and lead staff to achieve desired results
- Define, maintain and drive adherence via data driven decisions to standard operating procedures, customer experience for in-office and hybrid environments, IT Support processes, metrics and SLA.
- Work with leadership to develop strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of technical services
- Share technological visions, opportunities, and risks with leadership and cross-functional teams
Experience & Skills
- You have 8 years of experience in an IT support role with 3 of those in a direct management capacity
- You have managed a team in a high growth software development environment with 2,000 - 3,000 clients that are distributed globally
- Experience with technology related to company operations; AV/conference technology, Systems Administration, Meraki/Network Administration
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to do occasional domestic and international travel
- Hands-on experience running GSuite in a Mac environment
- Hands on experience in Okta Admin, Zoom, Jamf/MDM, Jira/Confluence
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ pounds) as needed
Work Hours: This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to the following preferred office locations:
You will be required to travel to our domestic and international offices approximately every 3 months.
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
The estimated salary range for this position is $123,330 to $154,170.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.