Gen3 Technology Consulting isan SBA-certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providinga diverse set of technology services and solutions to federal and commercial clients. Founded in 2017, Gen3 leverages over 25 years of information technology management and leadership experience to help our clients define, plan, manage, and achieve their strategic vision while protecting their critical IT assets.We attract and retain the highest caliber of talent by supporting an inclusive work environment, cultivating growth and leadership both professionally and personally, and encouraging work-life balance. We strive to make it our priority to be compassionate, family-friendly, respectful, and flexible.
Gen3’s Joint Ventures,Pivotal Impact(JV with Caldwich) andVetCentric(JV with PingWind) expand our team’sknowledge and expertise as we pool resources to bring federal agencies strong technical, program management, and cyber security solutions, derived from a disciplined management consulting approach.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced PowerApps & BI Developer to lead a development team in learning new tools and techniques, identifying and implementing system improvements, and mentoring teammates. This is an opportunity to solve problems at the Department of Veteran's Affairs by collaborating with a development team to build Power BI solutions with a user-centric design using Power BI, PowerShell, Python, and SQL. You'll work with UI/UX designers and the development team to create a unified user experience with Power BI. Your team will ensure user accessibility by creating a solution that works across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security standards. We focus on growing as a team to provide the best solutions for our customers by providing mentoring, positive code reviews, and opportunities to learn new tools and skills.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or technical equivalent with 10 years of related experience or 18 years in lieu of education.
- 10+ years of professional experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with PowerApps and creating PowerBI data visualization, analytics, dashboards, and Microsoft Power BI developer experience.
- Experience in an object-oriented language:Java, C++, C#
- Data storage and analysis (SQL) experience.
- Ability to speak and write well to stakeholders and end-users.
What's desired to have:
- Previoussupport of any federal or state government agency, especially the Veteran's Affairs.
- PowerShell scripting expertise.
- Experience as a Software Developer or Data Scientist.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.