Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides general engineering and administrative support to a large scale Navy Tactical Network
- Works as an interfacing engineering for external customers through our network
- Focuses mainly on operating system management, but will also expand to exchange, network analysis, and thin client administration
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline OR 15 years experience if no degree
- Five (5) or more years experience with:
- Route / Switch engineering, design, troubleshooting, and maintenance (primarily Cisco)
- Operating system engineering and maintenance (RHEL, Windows)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret clearance, ability to upgrade to Top Secret
- Eligible for CSWF IAT II (Security+ Min)
Desired Skills & Requirements
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- Supporting large scale Navy or DoD Tactical Networks
- Active Directory design, sustainment, and maintenance
- Ansible tower for automation
- Cyber Security tools, such as ACAS / Nessus, HBSS, or other
- Storage technologies (vSAN preferably)
- Advanced certifications, such as:
- Linux: RHCE, RHCSA, or similar
- Cisco: CCNP, CCNA or similar
- Juniper (JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SEC)
- VMware: VCP, VCAP, or similar
- Microsoft: MCSE, MCITP, or similar
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE SECRET LEVEL WITH TOP SECRET ELIGIBILITY
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING