This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Mega Programs (known in the industry as Program Director) who is specialized in Petrochemicals to join our Project Management team (PMT). This Company Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes ($), types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega projects. Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The primary role is to lead and manage a division with several sections and units in charge of executing capital projects. Ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction and project completion is done in compliance with the project objective and contractual requirements i.e. project schedule, cost, HSE, company standards and procedures. The Manager role also involves managing the business aspects of the division consisting of but not limited to HR, training, cost control, schedule control, cybersecurity requirements and manpower planning.
- Lead the execution of capital projects, ensuring adherence to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage the project team within the division, providing guidance and directives to ensure successful project completion.
- Leverage expertise in Petrochemical projects to provide appropriate actions and guidance to the team throughout all project phases.
- Provide technical and project management oversight for design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and closeout of projects.
- Ensure timely resolution of project issues that arise during all phases of project development.
- Implement safety measures in the execution of projects.
- Implement company initiatives in projects and divisional business processes.
- Be fully familiar with company Key Performance Indices (KPIs) and work towards achieving them for projects within the division.
- Prepare and review monthly project performance reports, presenting them to higher management. Reports should include information on design, material procurement, construction, milestones, commitments, payments, charges, variances from standards, waivers, and problems.
- Anticipate and plan for changes in project scope, timing, or costs, and prepare documentation for management approval.
- Assign appropriate manpower to all parts and phases of the project.
- Ensure that proper job records are maintained for all assigned projects.
- Negotiate agreements and change orders with design and execution contractors.
- Guide and direct team members in the application of This Company standards, minimizing variances from standards.
- Be responsible for project development, including engineering studies, licensors selection, technical bid reviews, preliminary engineering, detail design, materials procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, handover, commissioning, startup, and closeout.
- Review weekly and monthly reports on contract status, including project costs and schedule, and attend various project meetings.
- Review project schedules, coordinate and monitor project progress, and address any below-par performance by contractors.
- Uphold engineering ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
- This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized and approved program (advanced degree preferred).
- Obtain a PMP, PgMP, or equivalent certification.
- Possess twenty years of experience in the project management field related to refining and petrochemical industries, specializing in Petrochemicals.
- This includes seven (7) years of experience as a manager or director of projects in design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and operation, with project values ranging from $500MM to $billion.
- Have subject matter expertise in Engineering Design & Construction phases, with a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles in applicable International Codes, Standards, and Specifications.
- Possess a mastery understanding of international procedures for Projects Phases, Engineering Phases, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements, and Best Practices, as well as familiarity with This Company procedures and standards.
- Have a deep understanding of contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings, and specifications), project execution plans, interface management, change management, construction sequencing, standards specifications, and project schedules to support the Department Manager in timely project completion.
- Understand scheduling principles and recovery methods.
- Have a mastery understanding of cashflow distribution in projects, resource planning and distribution, and crisis management, with the ability to calmly manage project issues.
- Exhibit a dynamic attitude towards project improvements and cost savings.
- Be flexible and willing to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations, including remote areas as needed.