LTIMindtree is a global technology consulting and digital solutions company that enables enterprises across industries to reimagine business models, accelerate innovation, and maximize growth by harnessing digital technologies. As a digital transformation partner to more than 700+ clients, LTIMindtree brings extensive domain and technology expertise to help drive superior competitive differentiation, customer experiences, and business outcomes in a converging world. Powered by nearly 90,000 talented and entrepreneurial professionals across more than 30 countries, LTIMindtree — a Larsen & Toubro Group company — combines the industry-acclaimed strengths of erstwhile Larsen and Toubro Infotech and Mindtree in solving the most complex business challenges and delivering transformation at scale. For more information, please visit www.ltimindtree.com.
Job Title: Senior Consultant – Network Infrastructure Engineer
Washington, DC (100% Onsite)
- Implementation, maintain and support the remote offices network infrastructure and related services – ensuring an optimization robust, secure, scalable, and high-performance network infrastructure to support business operations.
- Monitoring communications links and devices for failures and performance problems and performs capacity planning, including collaborating with application development teams to define performance metrics and baselines for performance over the WAN links – for cloud-based applications and services.
- Coordinating operational support for remote offices including resolution of issues: user reported performance issues, problems with data network providers, routers, and firewalls at remote offices etc.
- Develop and perform proper maintenance of technical documentation for WAN/LAN infrastructure.
- Implementation and enforcement of security policies, practices, and guidelines as appropriate for client remote offices. Will also monitor and perform follow-up investigations on compliance violations.
- Collaboratively work with field offices staff to support office moves (openings, upgrades, relocations, and closures) and ensuring that all IT issues related to such moves are addressed in a timely manner.
- Support field offices in sourcing and implementing local offices telecommunication solutions - local ISP services, IP telephony services, etc. The resource will be the 1st escalation point for telecommunication issues in field offices.
Skills & Experience
- Must have proven support skills in LAN and WAN technologies, telecommunication communication equipment/software, Network and 2 LAN management tools, sound knowledge of SD-WAN solutions (Meraki SD-WAN, Systems Manager, Cisco Umbrella).
- General knowledge in multiple areas of IT, such as network infrastructure, data communications and protocols, file servers and application servers in different software environments, database technology, remote access, security, web technologies, directory services and messaging.
- Knowledge of remote access technologies a plus.
- Ability to perform remote offices coordination activities which may include meetings and associated follow-ups, reviewing and preparing documentation, analyzing various ITSM metrics, etc.
- Attention to detail, written communication skills, verbal communications skills, and ability to track and meet deadlines.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with LTIMindtree (“LTIM”):
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive Medical Plan Covering Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Time, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Paid Paternity and Maternity Leave
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salary target for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and job level and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Depending on the position offered, other forms of compensation may be provided as part of overall compensation like an annual performance-based bonus, sales incentive pay and other forms of bonus or variable compensation.
Disclaimer: The compensation and benefits information provided herein is accurate as of the date of this posting.
LTIMindtree is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, family-care status, veteran status, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, military service, handicap or disability or history of handicap or disability, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, union affiliation, affectional or sexual orientation or preference, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, except where such considerations are bona fide occupational qualifications permitted by law.
Safe return to office:
In order to comply with LTIMindtree’ s company COVID-19 vaccine mandate, candidates must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 before or by the date of hire. Alternatively, one may submit a request for reasonable accommodation from LTIMindtree’s COVID-19 vaccination mandate for approval, in accordance with applicable state and federal law, by the date of hire. Any request is subject to review through LTIMindtree’s applicable processes.