Text code SOCE to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
MindPoint Group is seeking a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to support threat monitoring, detection, event analysis, and incident reporting. You will be responsible for monitoring enterprise networks and systems, detecting events, and reporting on any and all threats that are directed against those systems regardless of their classification level or type.
Typically, the client’s sensor grid acquires millions of events per day and events are analyzed and categorized in accordance with the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan. The Incident Response Analyst will provide the client with a fully comprehensive array of analytical activities in support of external threat monitoring, detection, event analysis, and incident reporting efforts including presentation reviews, internal and external threat reporting, analysis of inbound and outbound public internet traffic, suspicious e-mail messages, administering access request to specific public sites, communicating and coordinating the characterization of events and the response.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide support for complex computer network exploitation and defense techniques to include deterring, identifying, and investigating computer and network intrusions; providing incident response and remediation support
- Perform comprehensive computer surveillance/monitoring, identifying vulnerabilities; provide recommendations to improve security posture, and maintain the agency's incident response plan and associated artifacts
- Support cybersecurity training efforts and national security exercises, such as table-top exercises, functional exercises, and scenario-based exercises.
- Provide technical support for a comprehensive risk management program identifying mission-critical processes and systems; current and projected threats; and system vulnerabilities
What skills do you need?
- Active Top Secret clearance required*
What is ideal?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, experience
- Minimum of one (3) year of general work experience and two (2) year of relevant experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Security/Network Administrator
- Experience in some of the following tools and technologies:
- Trellix Endpoint Security
- CrowdStrike EDR
- Splunk Enterprise Security, SOAR, and UBA
- Cisco Secure IPS/NGFW IPS
- Cisco Secure Network Analytics
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Word and other MS Office applications.
- Experience working in a SOC and doing incident response is preferred.
- Experience with securing various environments preferred.
- This is an on-site role in Columbia, SC.
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!
Text code SOCE to 202-915-6712 to apply!