Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Security Control Assessor (SCA) to join our team.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is seeking a Security Control Assessor (SCA) who is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an IS to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system). The SCA will also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities. Responsibilities will cover Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities within the customer’s area of responsibility.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Performing oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of IS security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructure
- Performing assessment of ISs, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) methodology in accordance with the Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG) Advise the Information System Owner (ISO), Information Data Owner (IDO), Program Security Officer (PSO), and the Delegated and/or Authorizing Official (DAO/AO) on any assessment and authorization issues
- Evaluating Authorization packages and make recommendation to the AO and/or DAO for authorization
- Evaluating IS threats and vulnerabilities to determine whether additional safeguards are required
- Advising the Government concerning the impact levels for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for the information on a system
- Ensuring security assessments are completed and results documented and prepare the Security Assessment Report (SAR) for the Authorization boundary
- Initiating a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) with identified weaknesses for each
Authorization Boundaries assessed, based on findings and recommendations from the SAR
- Evaluating security assessment documentation and provide written recommendations for security authorization to the Government
- Discussing recommendation for authorization and submit the security authorization package to the AO/DAO
- Assessing proposed changes to Authorization boundaries operating environment and mission needs to determine the continuation to operate.
- Reviewing and concur with all sanitization and clearing procedures in accordance with Government guidance and/or policy
- Assisting the Government compliance inspections
- Assisting the Government with security incidents that relate to cybersecurity and ensure that the proper and corrective measures have been taken
- Ensuring organization are addressing and conducting all phases of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Evaluating Hardware and Software to determine security impact that it might have on Authorization boundaries
- Evaluating the effectiveness and implementation of Continuous Monitoring Plans
Represent the customer on inspection teams
- 10+ years related experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in SAP, SCI or Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties
- Prior performance in the role of ISSO and ISSM
- Must be able to regularly lift 50lbs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Manager Level III or Information Assurance Architect and Engineer Level I within 6 months of the date of hire
- Current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph