Share only 2 profiles
Vmware / Nutatnix Administrator - 2 Interviews - Local candidates only.
Local Candidates only in Manhattan, Bronx or Brooklyn, NYC
Infrastructure and system administrator with at least 7 years’ experience in IT, with a primary focus on Windows server, Nutanix and VMware Installation and administration.
Skills & Requirements
- Build, manage and monitor VMware and nutanix virtualization environment, creating windows Servers, and presenting network and storage resources.
- Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Windows Servers.
- Experience with clusters and shared clustered file systems, High Availability at server and application level.
- Maintain backup infrastructure and perform day to day backup operations and backup / recovery exercises
- Work with corporate infrastructure groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues with network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to plan, organize and run meetings and give presentations to all levels of management. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Ability to drive change; make recommendations for new products and process enhancements.
- Ability to multitask and switch priorities as the business warrants.
- Build and support cyber security tools including IDS, Antivirus, Tanium, or logging
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate.
- This is a hybrid position. Some onsite (2-3 days) in service territory is required. (Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn)
- Enterprise level infrastructure and system administrator with at least 7 years’ experience in IT, with a primary focus on VMWARE and Storage and Nutanix implementation
- Senior experience with design, deployment and administration of VMware and/or Nutanix virtual environments.
- Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Windows Servers
- Familiarity with PowerShell, and ability write custom scripts to automate system management tasks.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed and respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to lift and install servers and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with building and configuring fiber channel and/or ISCSI Storage Arrays
- VMWARE or Nutanix certifications
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Networking Experience
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following tools:
- Tanium, Splunk, TrendMicro, SCCM, WSUS, Solarwinds
- General knowledge of, and familiarity with cyber security regulations including NIST, NERC CIP and TSA Security Directives