Network Security Engineer
Mesa, AZ- Onsite - Local Candidates only
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A Network Security Engineer is responsible for completing a thorough risk assessment, identifying vulnerabilities within a network, creating firewalls, and configuring systems to enhance existing security features.
The Network Security Engineer takes appropriate measures to ensure that there are no vulnerabilities or gaps in a network. Ensures that the latest security measures are in place. Upgrades software and hardware and regularly implement security patches to address any weak links or gaps in the system.
The Network Security Engineer responds to and documents any security threats, resolves technical faults and allocates resources to deliver real solutions in a cost-effective way.Accountabilities
Education And Experience Required
- Ensure proper and regular maintenance of firewalls.
- Make sure that web and email security protocols are maintained.
- Track, record, and monitor any security issue.
- Resolve any vulnerability or security issues that may arise.
- Ensure periodic testing of the organization’s network and systems from a security point of view.
- Be aware of the latest threats in the cybersecurity domain to guide and advise the organization regarding the up-gradation of systems.
- Put identity and access management (IAM) policies in place to prevent unauthorized access to company data.
- Ensure that systems are back up and running in case of a security attack.
- Make sure that security policies are updated on time and are always up to date.
- Maintain servers, routers, and switches as required.
- Maintain firewalls, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP, and web and email security programs and protocols regularly.
- Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security
- Documenting security certification
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Threat intelligence
- Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organisation
- Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field preferred with 4+ plus years experience
- Excellent knowledge about network and security systems.
- Ability to work with vendors, service providers, and third parties.
- Have at least one or two industry certifications. Like the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP). Degree in Network Security is also acceptable.
- Work well with people and have good communication skills.
- Work well with vendors and other IT professionals
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated person and must be able to work independently.
- Work well with multiple departments inside and outside the company.
- Able to plan and implement business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Ensure that the company’s network and systems are secure.