Berkley Technology Services (BTS) is the dynamic technology solution for W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 Commercial Lines Insurance Company. With key locations in Urbandale, IA and Wilmington, DE, BTS provides innovative and customer-focused IT solutions to the majority of WRBC’s 60+ operating units across the globe. BTS’s wide reach ensures that ideas and opinions are considered at every level of the organization to guarantee we find the best solutions possible.
Driven by a commitment to collaboration, BTS acts as consultants to our customers and Operating Units by providing comprehensive solutions that not only address the challenge at hand, but proactively plan for the “What’s Next” in our industry and beyond.
With a culture centered on innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, BTS stands as a community of technology leaders with eyes toward the future -- leaders who truly care about growing not only their team members, but themselves, and take pride in their employees who shine. BTS offers endless ways to get involved and have the chance to grow your career into a wide range of roles you'd never known existed. Come join us as we push forward into the future of industry leading technological solutions.
Berkley Technology Services: Right Team, Right Technology, Simple and Secure.
The Vulnerability Management Analyst works within Berkley’s Information Security team, interacting directly with stakeholders to address issues related to remediation of vulnerability scanning and assessment. The Vulnerability Management Analyst’s support activities are focused on helping key stakeholders understand their vulnerability results, providing guidance on the remediation of failing threats, and evaluating false positives.
Maintain and improve upon, as necessary, the existing vulnerability management program, including maintenance of documents, procedures, reporting, and stakeholder communications. Provide guidance to stakeholders in support of vulnerability management services, which includes, but is not limited to, sharing goals and road maps of vulnerability management. Analysis and validation of scan/assessment results communicated to clients through reporting and results-review meetings. Provide stakeholders with remediation recommendations and guidance, up to and including remediation tracking and reporting. Provide stakeholders reports that provide the most value based on security maturity and established vulnerability management goals. This requires the ability to be adaptive in report parameters and formats depending on stakeholder needs and target audience. Ability to use analyze large amounts of data using Microsoft and other business tools to report on enterprise level vulnerability data.
- Execute vulnerability scans
- Assist Stakeholders with the interpretation of their vulnerability scan results
- Involvement in penetration testing and red-team exercises if applicable
- Analyze penetration testing results
- Work with metrics to help analyze and prioritize vulnerabilities for remediation
- Track remediation work consistently in order to evidence improvements to program and closure of vulnerabilities
- Work on process and procedure to create repeatable and consistent processes and documentation around management of vulnerabilities
- Assist in operational projects and tasks
- Participate in the ongoing improvement of the scanning and vulnerability remediation processes
- Lead small cross functional teams.
- Identify repeatable processes and recommend them for automation, to maintain maximum quality and resource availability.
- Look for support patterns and recommend process improvements.
- Speak for the team and for BTS as point-person on project meetings, conducting themselves in a leadership manner.
- Providing remediation support on any potential findings
- Travel expected - minimal
- Provide “Person in Charge” (PIC) coverage when on rotation. This added responsibility is factored into your base salary.
- 6-8 years of analyst experience with at 3-4 focused on vulnerability management
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters and lead team to meet business requirements.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Solid working knowledge of standard features and functions of multiple applications/modules to field, analyze and resolve customer issues/problems.
- Identifies problems, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for multiple applications within multiple functions
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of one or more of the common vulnerability scanning tools (Tenable, Rapid7 or Qualys)
- Experience in common application Security and Penetration Testing techniques is a strong plus
- Proven ability to work well in a deadline-oriented environment
- Hands-on mentality, very good analytical capabilities with diligent work attitude
- In-depth knowledge and experience with triage and investigation of vulnerability data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Some knowledge of Unix, LINUX and Windows operating environments, Oracle database and SQL Server
- Proven stakeholder management at technical and executive levels is a must
- Proven ability to be ability to execute and deliver in a complex environment with grace
- Ability to work with regulatory, legal and security best practices including General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), NYS DFS 23 NYCRR Part 500, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), ISO 27001/27002
- Knowledge of program and project management experience a strong benefit
- Proven ability to prioritize work load, work effectively on concurrent tasks, and be able to meet project deadlines
- Insurance and/or financial experience is desired, preferably within the commercial property and casualty lines
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong technical and analytic aptitude
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Industry certification preferred such as CISSP, CCSE, VCP, CCDA, CCNA, Server+ or certifications from Red Hat or Microsoft desirable
- Highly organized and detail oriented - able to function under pressure, trouble shoot, emplace structure where necessary and prioritize between competing activities
- Approachable and outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Takes ownership and maintains accountability
- Proven self-starter with energy, passion and drive
- This role will suit a candidate with experience working for smaller organizations where they have been highly visible to the business and where initiative and pro-activity are key
- Emotional intelligence and ability to get along with people and to get the best from them
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.