We are seeking a Security System Administrator / Site Lead to join our federal team supporting the Department of Justice Headquarters in downtown Washington D.C. The Site Lead shall act as the central point of contact with the DOJ and shall have the full authority to act for the Contractor in the performance of the required work and services.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Shift: 6:00am – 3:00pm, Monday-Friday
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 5 sick days, 3 floating holidays, and 10 standard holidays (6.5 weeks in total)
Travel Required: None, all work is based at this location
As a Security System Administrator, you will:
- Be responsible for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and architecture of networked server systems, primarily with Software House Ccure9000, MDI, Bosch CCTV, and American Dynamics CCTV security software
- Operate and maintain the existing DOJ access control, intrusion detection, and CCTV systems and equipment distributed across DOJ facilities within the National Capitol Region.
- Serve as onsite supervisor for the three assigned technicians under this task order in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to all comprehensive daily system checklist provided by DOJ that will be used by the Site Lead who will fully check the operation of both the ACS/IDS/CCTV systems at each location at the beginning of each shift of the Site Lead
- Maintain a baseline configuration of both the ACS/IDS and CCTV systems which will be maintained from the configuration items that describe both the ACS/IDS and CCTV systems. The baseline configuration, as described in NIST 800-53, shall include: A comprehensive list of all hardware, software required to support the operation of the information system, all software will be current as will its supporting documentation, any associated network configuration and planning documents, all relevant test cases and supporting methodology, and a backup and restore plan will be documented and implemented.
- Keep the PACS/IDS and CCTV Configuration Management Plan up to date at all times through coordination with the COR
- Provide programming, installation, and support services for system expansions and upgrades; add, change, update, remove devices, events, and schedules to the MDI, CCURE, and CCTV applications and databases as needed
- Maintain a current list of all user profiles and passwords.
- Maintain CISCO switch network throughout all DOJ locations that have CISCO switches.
- Maintain AEGIS test bed equipment that is used to test patches, new software and equipment before applying to the live ACS/IDS/CCTV systems.
- Perform tests of all backups and systems to include the Disaster recovery servers / systems as determined by DOJ.
- Interface with end users, gather requirements, and design and maintain an Active Directory and Network based server environment to manage end-user access and information for a physical security system.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves all system related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery procedures. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and database issues for the networked server environments, working with vendors as needed and applying hardware and software patches and configuration changes to restore proper operation
- Implement network server designs, configuring network hardware, software and databases and setting up end user devices access
- Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in the field of server hardware and software and Windows Active Directory, SQL Server and Oracle database administration
- Mentor junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience with Operations and Maintenance of Electronic Security Systems (Access Controls, Intrusion Detection, CCTV, etc)
- 3+ years experience with the integration, installation operation and maintenance of CCTV systems, electronic access control devices (readers and strikes) and intrusion detection equipment
- Must have an IT background and experience performing basic troubleshooting and basic maintenance of other systems, i.e., gate arms, security portals, turnstiles, bollards, etc
- Must have knowledge of current Windows operating systems
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot network server, connectivity, and physical security system hardware and software issues, both in person and over the phone
- Extensive knowledge of IP bases and analogue PACS and CCTV systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Softwarehouse Ccure 9000 hardware and software.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain MDI and CCURE Installer/Maintainer certification within 6 months of hire
- Must be able to obtain and maintain MDI and CCURE Advanced Integrator Certification within 1 year of hire
- At least two (2) years of Physical Security Network Server and Software Administration required; five (5) years or more preferred
- Ability to communicate and work seamlessly with client personnel.
- Ability to generate and submit reports, spreadsheets, system riser diagrams, and other such documentation for submission to the client
- Active Department of Defense Top Secret (or higher) security clearance required
- Technical knowledge with MDI and SoftwareHouse C-cure 9000 hardware, software, and architecture, Bosch CCTV, and American Dynamics CCTV video based equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills required to configure and manage database systems using SQL Server and Oracle DBMS tools
- Certified System Engineer ICAM PACS (CSEIP)
- Security+ and Network+ certifications
- Familiarity with IP-Based CCTV systems
- Two (2) year degree in Computer Science, Networking, or other computer technology based discipline, or equivalent work experience
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)