Job Number: R0169754
Cloud Engineer, Senior
We have the technology, but do we know how to use it? In an industry where “Cloud” is sometimes synonymous with “genie,” it’s important to have someone on your team who knows how to engineer Cloud-based and hybrid on-premise and Cloud-based solutions. That’s why we need you, an engineer who knows how hardware and software components fit together and integrate with Cloud-based resources, to help us modernize mission critical systems across a variety of our top clients.
As a Cloud engineer on our team, you’ll help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation.
You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on-premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll work with our engineering, architecture, and migration teams to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest Cloud resources as you lead efforts to prototype using multiple techniques and new technologies. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like automation, scripting, and containerization while developing critical systems for several of our clients.
Join our team as we transform the way government agencies manage data and information by taking advantage of Cloud technology.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud architecture or cloud engineering
- Experience in a systems engineering, systems administration or cloud security engineering role
- Experience with Linux and Linux system administration
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Jenkins
- Experience with writing scripts and glue to tie together services, functionalities, and tools using technologies, including Python scripting, Bash, Boto3, PowerShell, and YML and JSON templates
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with additional tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Ability to use automation tools and Infrastructure-as-Code to manage installations, pipelines, and scripting
- Master's degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical engineering field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $81,800.00 to $186,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.