Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!Your Role
Have you heard of Tenable? Our cloud-based vulnerability management platform built for today’s dynamic IT assets, like cloud, containers and web apps? Well, that’s what you’ll be working on in this role. You will need to continue to quickly build out the platform, scale it automatically, and make it more self-managing for our private and US Government cloud customers!Your Opportunity
What You'll Need
- Responsible for taking the code and functionality of Tenable cloud products and making them function in private cloud environments
- Responsible for responding to support escalations which involve troubleshooting complex technical problems and resolving data/configuration issues within defined service level objectives
- Responsible for developing software, tools, and scripts to automate deployment, management, and monitoring of production systems in all environments
- Provide strategic and thought leadership among peers on complex projects
- Collaboration with cloud engineers in understanding new cloud technologies, assessing impact to security services operations, and proposing solutions to existing business problems
- Collaboration in the software development lifecycle to develop detailed enhancement/bug definitions, write functional requirements, translate the requirements into solution designs, and navigate the functional requirements through to Production deployments
- Proactively look for ways to create efficiencies within operations as it pertains to the tools and technology used by Tenable to support their customer base
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
- Create/maintain documentation for operational procedures
- Document and perform system upgrades, application updates, and define monitoring requirements based on customer needs
- Participate in an on-call rotation and support 24x7 availability of production application systems
- Remediate infrastructure and container security vulnerabilities
- U.S citizen required
- 6+ years of related SRE experience
- 2+ year experience with platform development in compliance with FedRamp requirements and related government standards, policies, regulations, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with the Agile software development methodology and collaboration with internal teams to deliver software and configuration artifacts
- Strong background in bash scripting in addition to experience in higher-level scripting languages like Python or Node.js
- Experience with Docker or similar container solution
- Experience with orchestration tooling such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform or similar IaC technologies
- 3+ years deploying Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud infrastructures preferred including administering managed AWS services (OpenSearch, MSK, EKS, Batch, etc.)
- 2+ years of operational experience with industry-leading "big data" services technologies
- Be an enthusiastic learner, user, and advocate of our technologies
- Experience working with AWS APIs
- Experience deploying distributed, microservice oriented applications
- Experience with Java build tools including Gradle
- Experience with Helm
- Experience with Go and Java/Kotlin/Kops
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base salary range for this position is $142,000.00 - $189,333.33 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.