Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG Platinion’s presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. We achieve digital excellence for clients with sustained solutions to the most complex and time-sensitive challenge. We guide clients into the future to push the status quo, overcome tech limitations, and enable our clients to go further in their digital journeys than what has ever been possible in the past. At BCG Platinion, we deliver business value through the innovative use of technology at a rapid pace. We roll up our sleeves to transform business, revolutionize approaches, satisfy customers, and change the game through Architecture, Cybersecurity, Digital Transformation, Enterprise Application and Risk functions. We balance vision with a pragmatic path to change transforming strategies into leading-edge tech platforms, at scale.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
Senior IT Architects at BCG Platinion are:
You're good at:
- Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive IT expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
- Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new processes and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize IT best practices.
- Agile advocates. They are well-versed in agile methodologies and use their expertise to strategically tackle difficult challenges and implement change.
- Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing teams.
- Innovative. They are creative thinkers who apply their deep IT architecture expertise to envision novel design patterns for the next generation of technology solutions.
- Knowledgeable. They have a sophisticated understanding of IT Architecture, acting as a viable resource on teams as both a hands-on practitioner and subject matter expert.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Solution and application architecture and evaluation of alternative approaches
- Restructuring IT processes and organization
- Supporting IT functions during mergers and acquisitions, including the functional and technical transformation of an organization’s IT department
- Evaluating an organization’s IT and software architecture
- Assessing and implementing IT architectures
- Evaluating products, such as core systems
- Developing technical concepts development and designing of software solutions
- Assessing quality assurance for IT implementation
- Designing and implementing feasibility studies
- Designing work packages/modules in IT implementation projects
- Reviewing technical architecture and code
- Executing technical proofs of concept
- Analyzing complex IT application landscapes and status quo for IT architecture optimization
- Developing functional and technical online and Internet strategies
- Optimizing the application development processes
- Contribute to BCG Platinion’s consulting business by:
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
What We Offer:
- Bachelors in information technology, business administration, computer science, business management, or system controls & engineering or a related field (Masters is a plus)
- 4+ years of professional experience in software engineering with more than 1 year in architecture discipline
- Superior technical knowledge, engineering rigor, and creative problem-solving
- Ability to explain complex technology topics to executives
- Extensive technical expertise and knowledge of:
- Various technology stacks
- Mainframe architecture (nice to have, but not must)
- Cloud native applications and cloud services architecture
- Integration methodologies and tools
- API and Microservices architecture
- Structured and unstructured databases and usage patterns
- Data analytics architecture (e.g. Data Lake)
- Programming paradigms and approaches (e.g. object-oriented)
- Process automation approaches and tooling (e.g. DevOps, AIOps)
- Experience in agile engineering and tooling support
- An agile mindset that moves past blockers and a vision to iteratively migrate to the next/modern set of architecture capabilities with a lens of business benefits/value
- Willingness to travel to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
At BCG, we care about our people, and offer best in class benefits to support you personally and professionally throughout your different life experiences including:
- An opportunity to work organically across disciplines and across BCG, we offer a unified and unrivaled opportunity that combines strategic thinking with hands-on applications.
- A unique experience to work alongside a team of passionate and driven problem-solvers with a mission to deliver innovative and valuable digital solutions in a supportive environment.
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey and unlocking potential to advanceFOR U.S. APPLICANTS:
Boston Consulting Group (“BCG”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The first year base compensation for this role is $140,000 in USD.
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus and BCG’s Profit Sharing and Retirement Fund (PSRF) contribution. BCG also provides a market leading benefits package described below.
At BCG, we are committed to offering a comprehensive benefit program that includes everything our employees and their families need to be well and live life to the fullest. We pay the full cost of medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees – and their eligible family members.* That’s zero dollars in premiums taken from employee paychecks. All our plans provide best in class coverage:
- Zero dollar ($0) health insurance premiums for BCG employees, spouses, and children
- $10 (USD) copays for trips to the doctor, urgent care visits and prescriptions for generic drugs
- Dental coverage, including up to $5,000 (USD) in orthodontia benefits
- Vision insurance with coverage for both glasses and contact lenses annually
- Reimbursement for gym memberships and other fitness activities
- Fully vested retirement contributions made annually, whether you contribute or not
- Generous paid time off including vacation, holidays, and annual office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Parental Leave and other family benefits such as elective egg freezing, surrogacy, and adoption reimbursement
- Employees, spouses, and children are covered at no cost. Employees share in the cost of domestic partner coverage.
To learn more about our employee benefit please check our Benefits page.