Title: Full Stack Java Developer
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 9+ Months
Rate: 70/hr on C2CRoles And Responsibilities
Desired Soft Skills
- Contribute to the entirety of the software development process, review peer code, and the build pipeline (design, develop, test, verify, deploy, and document developed software).
- Work with Government, contractor staff, and end-users in the ideation and grooming processes to supply requirements in the form of user stories, mockups, new/alternate processes, data flows, and improvements to the user experience. Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation when needed. Identify application requirements based on engineering specifications, signals analysis, and mission analysis needs.
- Design and implement a REST API framework and port existing SOAP API into REST API.
- Mature the use of DevSecOps in automating product delivery while maintaining collaboration with security, assurance, and product owners.
Required Technical Skills
- Previous experience developing in an agile approach with sprint cadence, regular releases, and team-oriented code reviews.
- Prior experience working from a backlog, contributing to user stories, and giving review feedback.
- Prior experience mentoring junior developers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with and present to management, users, other developers.
- Demonstrable examples of being proactive and taking initiative to produce software and complete sprint commitments.
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers, staff, and management in a Team-based environment.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Prior experience working with “Clean Code”, “DevSecOps”, and “Shift-Left Testing” principles.
- Fundamental understanding of CI/CD/CT concepts.
- Fundamental understanding of the concepts of containerization, and cloud native service development.
- Experience working with end users to translate requirements into engineering systems
- Expertise in software engineering practices including version control (Git preferred)
- Proficiency with at least two server-side programming languages such as Ruby, PHP, Python, or Java
- Proficiency with front-end web development
- Familiarity with at least one MVC framework (Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Spring, Yii)
- Experience with theory and practice of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Fundamental understanding of microservice and its Architecture
- Concepts of ORM and understanding of domain modeling
- Understanding of application architecture, system design and design patterns
- Understanding of the components of HTTP requests and responses
- Familiarity with consuming and creating REST APIs
- Fundamental understanding of algorithm and data structures
- Experience with web application security best practices and the design of secure systems
- Experience migrating database-backed live systems from system to system
- Experience with cloud tools and developing in a hybrid on-premises and cloud environment
- Familiarity with the Linux environment and shell scripting with bash or similar
- 10 years or more software development experience.