The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of the Microsoft Security organization, and a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. As customer zero, we deploy and secure these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe.
Do you have a passion for information and cloud security? Do you get excited about protecting Microsoft by setting the direction and guidance for securing our enterprise’s Azure Infrastructure for the Microsoft Federal and other Cloud Infrastructure. This is your opportunity to be a leader in protecting Azure infrastructure systems, and life cycle and processes governing the cloud infrastructure.
The team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to improve and expand the security of our Azure infrastructure and services platforms through the definition and implementation of security controls leveraging Microsoft security products and custom tooling.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will leverage your technical expertise to lead efforts that bring alignment to standards, processes, and technologies used to secure the Azure infrastructure used in the enterprise and customer facing products and services. You will identify systemic areas of opportunity, define plans to close gaps, and gain buy-in from teams across Microsoft to execute the plans. You will identify and push for automation and drive towards secure by default environments. Along the way, will be empowered to lead and work across Microsoft’s organizations to raise the bar for protecting the Microsoft software development ecosystem. Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and be a key contributor for developing and implementing a comprehensive roadmap for augmenting the security of the Azure Cloud infrastructure and platforms, tools, and processes leveraged for the internal Enterprise within Microsoft.
- Define and lead cross-organizational alignment of technical standards, processes, and technologies for increasing the security of cloud infrastructure and hardware and software platforms and tools in support of the networking infrastructure.
- Identify, define, and drive implementation of security controls and associated remediation steps.
- Research, improve, design, optimize and drive implementation of built-in enforcement capabilities, thereby automating cloud security operations and related automation and processes.
- Identify and support driving closure of critical security gaps on our cloud infrastructure both in the Cloud and On-Prem including platforms, tools, and processes.
- Serve as Cloud and Cloud Security support point of contact within Microsoft organizations.
- Participate in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with engineering teams, and support well informed security decisions in harmony with business and engineering goals
- Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- 4 + years of general cybersecurity experience.
- 1+ year of cloud infrastructure and security operations including experience with configuration and security tooling and operations at scale
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customers and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport, or other approved documents, or verified US government.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.Preferred Skills
- 2+ years of experience producing concise and quality technical documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management, DevOps engineering, DevOps Security, software engineering, or similar role.
- 3+ years program management experience in a software development organization or cloud based organization
- 3+ years hands-on experience in software design, coding, and implementation of secure and reliable cloud-based services
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Azure DevOps (ADO), GitHub, or equivalent platforms, ideally with focus on secure configuration and operations in the cloud.
Technical Program Management IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#Cloud #ADO #GitHub
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.