Veracode is seeking an experienced and innovative, hands-on leader to join the Product Organization as VP, Chief Architect. In this role you will lead and guide the organization as we continue our cloud native transformation. You will create, communicate and drive Veracode’s Architecture strategy, technical direction, and governance processes at a team, application, and product level to ensure consistency across products both at a business and enterprise level. In this role, you will work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering, and design and deploy cloud infrastructure heavily using AWS.
You will oversee all end-to-end architecture including infrastructure, database and software components and implementation of all technology assets and Platform-as-a-Service offerings to ensure we are providing a seamless user experience and driving business value for our customers. In addition, you will be responsible for advanced product related innovation technology to support business growth.
You will collaborate closely with peers in Engineering and Product Management and other key stakeholders to ensure the right technology approaches are being implemented across development teams that set us up for success in the future and create and drive business value.What you’ll be responsible for:
Preferred skills and experience:
- Own end-to-end product architecture; define, implement, and communicate processes that assure alignment to architectural standards.
- Develop and communicate a technical strategy and vision that aligns to and supports Veracode’s cloud native, technical transformation and Product strategy and vision.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to identify opportunities for improvements to our technology stack, and evolution of user experience of the Veracode platform.
- Design Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, elastic, secure, and reliable using commercially available Cloud solutions.
- Drive the technology due diligence process for M&A activities, assessing companies, organizations, and technologies.
- Drive a lead a team to support and accelerate the incubation of new technology and solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert in legacy and modern technology, application of the platform and other supporting technologies to assist in the solution planning, development, and deployment of offerings.
- Serve as technical thought leader for Veracode externally in the market and on industry boards/associations .
- Stay up to date and present a viewpoint on the latest AppSec market, competitive landscape, and technology trends.
- Provide technical guidance to the architecture team in Cloud Native architecture and development practices.
- Inspire and influence internal stakeholders and external customers on strategic technical direction and vision.
What We Offer You
- 15+ years of experience in defining architecture strategies.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Experience as chief architect or principal level enterprise architect role for an entire organization or a large portfolio.
- Experience in large scale B2B cloud companies with global presence.
- Experience defining and communicating a technical strategy and vision that encompasses an enterprise view across a large portfolio of capabilities.
- Experience with AWS and associated cloud technologies, Java, Microservices, and DevOps tools and technologies.
- Experience building strategies for Cloud and APIs enablement and usage, with associated architecture concepts for security, native vs. containerization and multi-cloud abilities.
- Experience in building applications, solutions, and reusable capabilities as well as integration with SaaS solutions using superior security, standard methodologies, and leading technologies.
- Extensive experience in defining technology blueprints and roadmaps that includes establishing technology standards and policies.
- Experience building a culture of innovation and transforming innovative concepts and ideas into business outcomes.
- Experience with developing and implementing architecture governance model, standards, and policies.
- Demonstrated experience with software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure including web server, app servers, DNS server, load balancing and security posture in DC as well as in AWS.
- Hands-on experience writing code and familiarity with a range of programming languages.
- Having a performance engineering background with an eye to scaling solutions is an added asset.
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and inspire confidence with Executive and Board level and customers on strategic technical direction and vision. stakeholders, Executive and Board level.
- Experience leading at scale with the ability to build, develop and retain high performing cloud native talent.
- Ability to work in a ‘hands-on’ environment that requires a consultative and collaborative approach and solutions that span multiple business functions.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage to meet all your healthcare needs.
- Wellness benefits to help you focus on what’s most important.
- “Take What You Need” time off policy.
- Extensive development and training offerings to help you grow your career at Veracode.
- Generous 401k match to help save for your future.
- Amazing community of professionals who take pride in what we do every day.