Modern Technology Solutions Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) to the United States Space Force (USSF) in support of the development of a digital National Space Test and Training Complex, Digital Range (NSTTC-D). A successful candidate should be a proven problem solver with the ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
Own Your Future.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modern Technology Solutions Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) to the United States Space Force (USSF). The position will provide direct cloud engineering support to the USSF Test Enterprise to build and sustain a NSTTC-D to drive data-informed decisions at speed, maximizing the Service’s flexibility and efficiency in delivering space-based capabilities for the Joint Force and the nation. The successful candidate will possess initiative, excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- At the direction of the lead cloud architect and the customer, develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy appropriate cloud applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics.
- Participate in all aspects of the NSTTC-D cloud software development lifecycle for AWS or appropriate solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Troubleshoot development and operational incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training when necessary.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect NSTTC-D operations.
- Assist in the definition of cloud requirements for the NSTTC-D throughout the system development lifecycle (SDLC) to include integrating, upgrading, and sustaining the environment.
- Develop and implement the capability to migrate diverse and modern legacy capabilities, models, and systems (to include hardware and software in the loop) to a modern cloud platform in the NSTTC-D and assist with its adoption.
- Design enterprise and systems security throughout the NSTTC-D cloud development life cycle; translate technology and environmental conditions into security designs and processes.
- Develop security requirements into the NSTTC-D that mitigates risk while maintaining experimentation, test, and operational training capability.
- Stay up to date with and research industry best practices, trends, and emerging technologies for possible implementation.
- Participating in technical discussions, trade studies and working groups.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, UX/UI designers, and quality assurance, to define and deliver software solutions that meet customer needs.
- Interface with USSF Test Enterprise leadership and program managers to explain design and implementation goals and mitigations relative to their priorities of cost, schedule and performance of the NSTTC-D.
- Provide regular updates, reports, and presentations on software development and sustainment progress, achievements, and challenges to stakeholders on the NSTTC-D.
- Develop and implement quality assurance protocols to guarantee the provision of dependable, secure, and regulation-compliant software solutions.
- Design in process automation to reduce manual steps and improve reusability of solutions.
- Utilize cloud services and technologies to develop scalable and reliable software solutions.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant technical experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms in government and/or private industry.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework.
- Experience in: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, and/or advanced analytics
- Proven ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of analysts, developers, data scientists, operators, and subject-matter experts.
- Capability to assume a leadership role during requirements reviews, design reviews and other types of technical meetings.
- Agile development experience.
- Experience working on-site in a government client environment.
- Familiarity with security procedures while working in a SCIF/SAPF environment.
- Cloud Security Implementation experience.
- Experience with DoD Acquisition Lifecycle experience and/or Rapid Acquisition / Rapid Delivery experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related engineering discipline required.
- Master’s degree in related discipline desired.
Security Clearance Level Required:
- Top Secret, SCI eligible (please note: U.S. Citizenship is required).
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information.
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph.
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of Colorado Springs, CO.
- May require travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $162,000/year to $199,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on established government contract rates, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via MTSI’s internal or external careers site.