Text code SPLUNK to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
Job DescriptionThis role is contingent upon award.
MindPoint Group is seeking a Splunk Engineer that will be responsible for the deployment, configuration and operations and maintenance of a hybrid Splunk environment for one of our federal clients. Tasks are expected to be executed while coordinating with various government teams in mission-critical environments.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Design, support, and maintain a hybrid Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud environment
- Responsible for onboarding and maintaining a wide variety of data sources including various OS, appliance, and application logs
- Perform data mining and analysis, using various query and reporting methods
- Solve/troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
- Support incident response to access and analyze data
- Create advanced searches, dashboards, and visualizations
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Support audits, identifying vulnerabilities and compliance gaps
- Analyze complex issues and provide innovative solutions to continuously improve the SIEM environment
What skills do you need?
- U.S. Citizen, Public Trust Eligible *
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, and experience.
- Four (3) years of relevant work experience architecting, deploying, or managing SIEM environments, with a strong preference given to candidates with more experience managing complex Splunk environments
- Splunk Certified Administrator
- Strong understanding of all Splunk architecture components including search head clustering, indexer clustering, deployment server, and monitoring console.
- Strong understanding of configuration files and the relationship between GUI configuration and backend configuration file impact
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as the ability to develop automated search and apps using Python or bash/perl/shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!
Text code SPLUNK to 202-915-6712 to apply!