The Product Detection Engineering team at Datadog develops impactful threat and vulnerability detection content for Datadog’s portfolio of security products. As part of the Security Research organization, you will join a diverse team of hackers and builders who launch impactful security products and research via cross-company collaboration, partnerships with the security community and open source initiatives.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager 1 to lead the Cloud SIEM Detection Engineering team at Datadog. Our Cloud SIEM product serves as a threat management suite to help our customers detect, investigate and respond to security incidents through a unified observability platform. We’re taking a new approach to cloud security at Datadog by leveraging detailed observability data in a cloud-native way.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.What You’ll Do:
Who You Are:
- Serve as a player-coach to lead and develop a team of talented security practitioners who are responsible for building and continuously improving high quality integrations and detections in the Cloud SIEM product
- Track, research, and experiment with the latest tactics, techniques & procedures for attacking and defending cloud runtime environments. Operationalize that experience into actionable security content.
- Guide the team on designing and building high quality security integration content across our Logs, Cloud SIEM, Cloud Security Management (CSM) and Workflow products
- Partner with Datadog’s Product Management team to create, prioritize and provide feedback on product features and a roadmap and backlog of detection and response content
- Create, track and iterate on metrics that showcase the value of your product content to leadership across Datadog
- Collaborate with highly technical customers, listen to their needs, and work with your team to help solve their problems at scale
- Create, write, and deliver content for our community, such as blog posts, documentation, webinars, and workshops. Present at conferences to highlight the challenges and successes in the field
- A proven, empathetic and motivating leader with experience in building out security engineering, detection engineering or security research teams
- Passionate about building products that make a meaningful impact on a customer’s security posture
- Understand the four Cs of cloud nativity security, cloud identity and access management, and how these concepts are implemented in at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Expert in leveraging a variety of telemetry from different sources to generate meaningful security signal such as cloud audit logs, identity logs, endpoint logs, SaaS application logs, and many more
- History of evaluating REST APIs for data integrations or other data engineering experience
- You have a proven background in measuring the efficacy of security content and communicating those metrics to stakeholders
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs at scale
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $170,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.Your Privacy:
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.