Title Head of Client Service & Operations
Hours: Full Time Exempt
Location: Los Angeles based, currently hybrid with the possibility of moving into an office
Reports to: Founder, CCO
Estimated start date: Dec 2023 - Jan 2024
IHEARTCOMIX is seeking a Los Angeles-based client service and operations leader to join our growing team. This pivotal hire will be a true business partner to the founder and leadership team, continuing to improve upon the successes of our current business while also playing a key role in IHC’s future. We are looking for an executive who leads with positivity and motivation, builds client and team relationships, promotes accountability and contributes to agency growth.
IHEARTCOMIX is a full-service creative marketing agency and original content studio with a focus on entertainment, music and lifestyle brands. We work with film and television studios, fan-driven IP and performing artists to concept unique experiences, execute spectacular productions, and engage with the most coveted audiences.
It’s an exciting time for us. Over the past few years, our expanding client roster has included many killer projects for premier properties where success is critical - and with the mandate of delivering seeking a quintessential IHEARTCOMIX experience. Now, as we enter into our 20th year, we will bring the business to even greater heights by putting together an Avengers-level team to execute groundbreaking work and build on our continued success.
The ideal candidate is a proven professional in creative operations and client service and brings leadership skills that are essential to keeping a dynamic, highly creative environment running smoothly. You have years of hands-on experience managing a variety of projects, have a deep understanding of experiential marketing and are excited to directly apply that knowledge to a scaling company.
You will bring organization, calm and steadiness to a fast-paced and dynamic environment. A collaborative mindset will be key - this role will be a part of the management team and work closely with leadership to promote culturally rich and meaningful collaborations with clients, advance IHC’s business goals and ultimately foster an environment of culture, creativity and inclusivity across teams.
Lastly, you understand and enjoy the nature of work at a boutique creative shop and are adept at shifting from strategic thinking and planning across the business to project-level work as needed.
Responsibilities and core tasks. Responsibilities subject to change based on evolving Company and client needs.
Client Service & Agency Operations
- Client Relationship Management: Responsible for managing and growing client relationships at large, develops strategies to manage the operational successes of accounts, creates new opportunities for existing clients, fosters a culture of relationship building and trust.
- Team Management: Maintain strong and effective teams, leads client / project management and ops teams, manages work assignments and flow, mentors and grows individual team members, provides constructive feedback and guidance.
- Process Development: Works with internal teams to improve and develop systems and ways of working, with a particular focus on client service, cross-functional processes, resource management and scale.
- Resource Allocation: Work with department leads to manage resource allocation and capacity planning, including the assignment of creative teams and resources to projects, to optimize productivity and meet project deadlines.
- Financial Health: In collaboration with department leads, responsible for the overall account health and profitability of projects.
- Job Opening and Closing: Oversees internal and external project kick off and wrap processes including cross-functional collaboration on final billing; implements learnings for future opportunities.
- Maintain IHC brand integrity and spirit across all projects
- As needed, directly manage internal or external projects
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement operational strategies that support the company’s goals and objectives
- Contract Management: Lead contracting process as it relates to agency staffing and client projects, including development, negotiations, reviews and timely execution.
- Insurance: Lead process for procuring and negotiating annual insurance needs
- Fiscal Management: Collaborator with Head of Production and Finance team as an operational counterpart including: monitoring and communicating projections, participating in weekly finance meetings and monthly finance reviews, partnering with production team as needed during heavy production times; assures projects invoiced in a timely manner, follows up on client payments as needed.
- HR Lead: Manage internal day-to-day HR needs with support from external team, including hiring and onboard processes and paperwork, employment compliance and employee access to systems and equipment.
- Collaborates with founder to lead all biz dev discussions with New Clients - leads conversations around business operations / project delivery including general process, budgets and next steps
- Proactively leads the business development process as it relates to inbound opportunities including tracking, running weekly meetings, communicating new opportunities to the finance team as needed, future business models
- With support from internal teams, owns pitch schedule, development process and delivery; manages transition between pitch and creative / production phases of projects.
Desired Experience & Skills
- 12+ years experience at creative agencies with 7+ years in managerial and/or leadership roles
- Experience across experiential, digital and content marketing; knowledge of best practices in experience design, events, stunts, screenings and celebrity/high-end gatherings
- Excellent writing, document preparation and presentation skills
- Experience in contract negotiation with clients and vendors, insurance procurement / management
- Experience overseeing, staffing and producing projects with budgets ranging from $50K-$5M
- Passion for / experience within music, entertainment (film, TV, gaming), pop culture, tech and/or fashion
- High EQ, excellent intrapersonal skills, and proven success as a manager and a team-builder among partners, clients and staff; Friendly and calm demeanor
- Experience within highly creative, fast-paced, dynamic environments; flexible and innovative, adaptable and shows initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy, organized, adept planning skills, solid judgment and decision-making abilities
- Experience with managing P&Ls, Forecasting and Projections
- Understanding of operations within smaller / scaling teams - the ability to both lead and manage while having a hand-on in day-to-day operations of the agency
- Knowledgeable about pricing strategies and models for various agency services and project types
- Ability to use Google Suite applications (esp Slides), Slack, 1Password
A base salary commensurate with relevant skills, experience, relationships and education is anticipated at an annual rate in the range of $130,000 - $150,000.
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate, please send an updated resume/CV and a bit about why you’re a fit.
IHEARTCOMIX is a full service creative marketing agency and original content studio with a focus on entertainment, music and lifestyle brands. We work with film and television studios, fan-driven IP and performing artists to imagine unique concepts, execute spectacular productions, and market to this coveted audience. We are experts in first-to-market ideas, experiential productions, visionary content, digital strategy and fully immersive campaigns. We lead with a creative and community-first approach generating award winning activations and original IP.
Founded in 2004, IHC evolved from its beginnings in music promotion to the culturally-minded creative services agency we are today. We wholeheartedly embrace our niche focus, passion and legacy, making us unparalleled in our field and giving us a genuinely unique voice.
Our work has earned us ongoing relationships with clients such as Marvel Studios, Disney, Universal Pictures, Interscope Records, Spotify, Peacock, Warner Bros Pictures, Amazon, Netflix, Adult Swim, HBO, TikTok, Columbia Records and many more.
Workdays at IHC are fast-paced, fun and challenging. As fans ourselves, we take great pride in seeing our projects through the eyes of those who attend, while delivering top notch creative, three-dimensional thinking and flawless execution for our clients. We are a small collaborative team where every voice matters with opportunity for growth within.
*** All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.