About The Company
Cyderes is a global cybersecurity powerhouse offering comprehensive solutions around managed security, identity and access management, and professional services. Cyderes provides the people, process, and technology modern enterprises rely on to manage risk, maintain compliance, and respond to security threats with greater speed, scale, and cost-efficiency than traditional in-house solutions. Born from the merger of two award-winning cybersecurity firms, Herjavec Group and Fishtech Group, Cyderes has six security operations centers and offices across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and India.
The Security Engineer is a subject matter expert accountable for administering our client's SIEM, Log Management Platform, and Data Analytical Tool. In addition, the Security Engineer works closely with the the Cyderes Team at multiple levels to identify and align business and IT objectives, discover Security and Operational pain points, offer recommendations, and recognize current and future IT Security needs.
The Security Engineer is responsible for the management, maintenance, configuration, and troubleshooting of technology solutions. Most work will assign through ServiceNow tickets; the Security Engineer is responsible for completing the customer-initiated requests within Service Level Agreements.Primary Responsibilities
Desired Skills And Experience
- Assist with administration and maintenance of SIEM, Log Management, and Data Analytical Platform.
- Conduct System Health Checks on managed technologies and provide recommendations on performance improvements.
- Schedule and run regular technical changes such as version updates, security patches, major software releases following Fishtech Group + Herjavec Group's normal change management policies and procedures.
- Aiding customer-initiated requests such as Log Source configuration, App installation, Data Parsing, Use Case Development, and Troubleshoot complex issues for managed technologies.
- Provide Tier-III level technical support for SIEM, Log Management Platform, and Data Analytical tools during business and non-business hours.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures, technical documents, and troubleshooting guidelines of security solutions.
- Configure and troubleshoot managed security devices.
- Develop technical solutions to automate repeatable tasks.
- Provide overall guidance, instruction, and leadership to SOC analysts. Opening and following up on tickets and customer requests with 3rd party vendors.
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to investigate the root cause of issues across the technologies.
- Holds industry-recognized certifications of security technologies or network technologies.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the IT Security field.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with SIEM, Log Management, or Data Analytical platforms.
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, best practices, and market direction.
- Familiarity with Networking fundamentals such as VLAN, WAN, LAN, VPN, SAN, OSI Model, Firewall, Next-Gen Firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ITIL, NIST, and PCI DSS.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills.
- A positive and constructive-minded team player.
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Hold certification such as Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin/Splunk Power User is a must.
- Proven experience configuring, implementing, and supporting Splunk on-premises components.
- The expertise of enterprise logging with a focus on security event logging.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python.
- Understanding of regular expression and query languages.
- Practical experience in administration Linux infrastructure