Meta’s Edge & Network Service (ENS) team is seeking a forward thinking leader with advanced technical and operational expertise to join the ENS Operations team. In this role, you will oversee a portfolio of vendors and lead initiatives to improve reliability, efficiency, and risk management in one of the most dynamic fast-paced networks in the world. The right candidate will enjoy digging into operational problems in order to align and implement technical and business solutions via automation, process improvement, and data analysis. They will also be comfortable in a fast-moving organization working across diverse stakeholders across physical infrastructure, network design & engineering, strategy, security & policy, and legal to solve urgent and long-term initiatives.This role will lead the operations team’s focus to ensure comprehensive operations management frameworks and governance are integrated into business operations. It will also be a key collaborator for managing risks and right-sizing policies and processes across infrastructure sites.
Network Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Incident Response: Drive work investigating complex technical and process issues on a global scale spanning multiple security and continuity disciplines for infra spanning thousands of locations across 100+ countries during major incidents/site events (SEVs) on edge, caching, and network infrastructure. This will require you to work closely and effectively with a variety of cross functional teams, managed service providers, and third-party vendor partners.
- Operational Excellence: As an operations practitioner within the ENS team you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. In this role, you will directly or indirectly oversee a large contingent workforce responsible for delivering roadmapped projects and executing on recurring operational activities. As such, identifying improvement opportunities across policies, processes, and procedures is essential to improve efficiency and quality of the activities. You will drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Collaboration and Partnership: You will work closely on supporting our internal customers and ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed.
- Team Leadership: Set team goals and work globally with cross-functional teams within and outside the organization to deliver business outcomes predictability across global sites. This also includes analysis around operational datasets to detect and inform the prioritization of problems to resolve. This often culminates in the creation and communication of aligned team projects, programs, and roadmaps.
- Risk Management: Work with partner teams to design and implement aligned processes that identify and manage data and asset protection risks (i.e., security and privacy gaps, Business Continuity vulnerabilities), as well as operations continuity issues across the network.
- Information and Data Assurance: Ensure relevant operational process, procedure, and policy documentation is effectively managed and the data required to support operations is complete and accurate in systems.
- Escalation Management: Participate in the global team’s Tier III+ on-call rotation with the goal of routing issues as needed and understanding how processes or tooling might be improved, skills can be developed, or automation can be implemented to prevent the need to escalate similar issues in the future.
- Communication: Provide clear and effective communication around personal and team goals, progress, outcomes, and lessons learned across assigned scope.
- Travel: International and Domestic travel may be required up to 15%.
- 7+ years of experience in physical & logical security-related and business continuity disciplines with mix of both technical and operational experience.
- Experience establishing and maintaining cross-functional relationships that help teams, stakeholders, and partners define and achieve goals.
- Experience working within a diverse global teams across time zones in a fast-paced and dynamic business continuity environments.
- Experience in partnering with infrastructure engineers within varied infrastructure environments, such as colocation facilities, cable landing stations, ILAs, or owned data centers.
- Master’s degree in technical security-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Advanced executive leadership communications experience.
- Experience with tooling and automation support for operations across infrastructure environments.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.