As a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer, you will enhance and maintain the cloud and on-premise infrastructure behind the MeTRA® platform, including identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, billing and more. You will help to develop the optimal design for secure, scalable infrastructure for government and commercial customers, including networking, encryption, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipelines. You'll leverage automation tools like Ansible and Terraform to deploy and maintain cloud compute environments as well as on-premise infrastructure at Tenet3 and government locations.
The Tenet3 team helps customers manage risk, defend against cybersecurity threats and comply with regulations through the use of the MeTRA® platform. We use Amazon Web Services global network of data centers and software infrastructure to deliver our capabilities. As part of a rapidly growing startup, you will help assure the safety and security of customers across the nation.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Amazon Web Services and on-premise compute challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Assist software development teams in the delivery of products and services
- Maintain software products and services, be able to identify necessary updates including but not limited to infrastructure and security.
- Be a champion for information and infrastructure security.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or a similar discipline. One year of college education is equivalent to two years of relevant work experience.
- Eligibility for DoD Security Clearance
- Experienced with AWS deployments with a high level of architectural understanding of AWS offerings
- Comfortable utilizing the AWS Console and/or AWS CLI for medium to large scale public facing application
- Experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services).
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects, troubleshooting clients' technical issues and working with engineering, sales and services teams and customers.
- Excellent Linux experience
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as required.
Preferred Qualifications (not All Skills Need To Be Met)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Knowledge of continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins/Gitlab
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages, such as Python, Perl, Bash or Ruby.
- Experience with version control solutions (such as Gitlab and Github)
- Experience with secrets management (such as Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Understanding of security for cloud products and services.
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics
. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call "explainable security." This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you and your talents to drive our success.
Tenet3 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary & Benefits
- $80K-$150K, depending on experience and qualifications
- Hybrid optional work location with periodic office visits
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- 100% paid medical, vision, and dental for employee & family
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
- Wellness classes with free lunch
Hybrid work location possible. Located within 4 hour driving distance of Dayton, Ohio. Paid relocation available to the Dayton region.