IT Systems Engineer
Stratix Systems is an innovative and growing company providing a full range of IT consulting services to small and medium-sized businesses. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT individual to support a territory in the Greater Lancaster and York regions.
The IT Systems Engineer will provide on-site and remote support, for a wide variety of Stratix client companies. Stratix has been in business for over 40 years, with offices in Wyomissing, King of Prussia, Bethlehem, York PA and Edison NJ. We serve clients in multiple industries and are enthusiastic about what's on the horizon. This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking team, get a tremendous amount of hands-on experience and operate as a key player on the front lines with our clients, equipping them with the technology they need to achieve their organizational objectives.
Position responsibilities are to serve as a technology consultant in the role of supporting the networks, servers, workstations and other technology assets of our clients.
Requirements are as follows:
- At least three years’ experience solving computer problems is expected and certifications and technical degrees are desirable. Of greatest importance is that you possess a commitment to resolving the issue, no matter what it takes.
- Good verbal and written communication ability, being able to discuss and explain technical issues in non-technical terms to which a customer can relate.
- Network + / A+
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
- College or IT trade school degree
- Prior Managed Services experience preferred
Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following:
- Windows 10 and 11
- All supported server operating systems
- Experience providing network level assistance with LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and overall security.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 365 and hosted exchange
- LAN, WAN, VPN and other network hardware
- Microsoft Office products
- Troubleshoot Server and workstation hardware and Operating system issues
- Scanners, Printer, and other common office peripherals
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skill
- Install & configure new systems and related hardware and software, including industry-specific solutions.
- Familiar in troubleshooting networking and firewall issues. (SonicWALL Preferred).
- Ability to work on projects individually or as a team
- Ability to skillfully and professionally handle client interactions
- Ability to build and/or expand computer networks
- Ability to travel by car to client sites as required, and transport equipment with own vehicle
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able Ability to work within multiple technology methodologies/philosophies
Helpful but not required Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following:
- Labtech (Automate) networking tools
- VMWare and Hyper-V hypervisors
- Cisco Umbrella
- Smart phones
Stratix is an equal-opportunity employers. For more information, please visit our website at www.stratixsystems.com.