Cloud | Remote in Remote/DC, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
We enhance the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
You Will Excel In This Role If You Are
- Platform Engineer will support Operations and Management of Kubernetes/Container Platforms on-prem or in the Cloud.
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance and provide operational support for VMware Tanzu Application Platform, Kubernetes Grid and Mission Control.
- Perform Cloud Platform upgrades and patching.
- Review and remediate Cloud platform vulnerabilities. Create and manage Cloud Platform pipelines.
- Design, create, configure, and manage containerize workloads onboarding to the Platform.
- Perform platform engineering tasks to design and build automation and CI/CD infrastructure, solve infrastructure problems, and improve software delivery.
- Responsible in planning and scaling out the containerization platform for the expanding workload/applications in the Cloud
- Knowledgeable with the Tanzu platform build-out, but also the deployment of applications to the platform
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Familiar with and advocate for agile and DevSecOps software development methodologies.
- Fluency in any scripting languages like Python or Powershell.
- Experience using YAML and Terraform for infrastructure management.
- Familiar with associated VMware products and services (vCenter, ESXI, NSX-T, VSAN, etc.) with a focus on container storage and networking interfaces.
- Security Logging and Observability experience (desired: Splunk).
- System monitoring experience (desired: DynaTrace).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience operating and managing cloud environments.
- Experience leading teams and taking on technical responsibility to build Tanzu from the ground up, to include providing Kubernetes services including Jenkins, Helm, etc.
- Knowledgeable with the Tanzu platform build-out, but also the deployment of applications to the platform.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Native technologies, principles and techniques such as PaaS, DevSecOps, Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code (IAC), containers, Kubernetes and microservices.
- Strong familiarity with DevSecOps software configuration management systems and tools: Git, GitLab CI, Artifactory, Jenkins, Ansible/Terraform.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud service providers Google, AWS, Azure, Oracle services.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.