Hanna Instruments, a global leader and manufacturer of scientific instrumentation is seeking a full time IT Manager to join our team in Woonsocket, RI. The IT Manager is responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer related activities in our organization. This role helps determine the IT needs of the company and is responsible for implementing computer systems to fufill the organizations information systems requirements.
This is a hands on role that requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Service, Apple/Cloud environments, MDM, autopilot, Intune (ZTNA architecture), physical and virtual (VMWare ESXi) Active directory, Veeam backup, FortiGate appliances, (FW, SW, AP) desktop OS for Windows and MAC environments. Also, well versed in Office 365/Teams/Azure administration is required. Candidate must be NSE4+ certified, Azure Certified (Admin, Security). A major plus is 3-5 years of working knowledge of Google Workspaces, and AWS hosted data repository platforms.
Primary Functions & Responsibilites of the IT Manager role:
- Manage the day to day infrastructure of the organization relating to hardware, software, backups, VOIP phone system, desktop, and mobile devices.
- Perform hardware and software acquisitions as necessary to maintain inventory levels.
- Configure and prepare current inventory for new hires and perform onboarding and offboarding duties.
- Participate in IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems helpdesk, RMM and services.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Providing feedback in defining IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes. Documentation of these as necessary.
- Assist in Vendor assessment and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Manage key vendor relationships and accountability for their success as an extension of our organization.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and systems functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess outcomes.
- Deploy life cycle management policy, procedures and practices.
- Preserve assets, information security, and control structures.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Develops and implements IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Collaborates with IT Director to execute on the IT Dept vision for global intergration into the Office 365 ecosystem.
- Plan and executive solutions across the organization by partnering with key stakeholders as needed.
- Mentor and supervise new IT staff (direct reports) as necessary.
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems and phone systems.
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to priortize, multitask, and deliver.
- Firm grap on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
- Strong communicator both written and orally.
The people here at Hanna don’t just create widgets — they create testing solutions that help improve everything from the taste of your local microbrew to the safety of the water from your tap. With operations in 34 countries, Hanna is working to solve some of the world’s biggest problems by making scientific testing more accessible, easy and accurate. Working for Hanna is an opportunity to be a part of the solution in making a better world.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.