Java Software Engineer
HirePlace is hiring a Java Software Engineer in Denver, Colorado for a thriving corporate security SaaS startup. As a full-stack Java Software Engineer, you will be required to work in a hybrid environment (3 days a week onsite and 2 days remote). You will be responsible for developing, testing, and delivering a SaaS application across a wide variety of both large and small systems. You will also be challenged to learn/innovate delivering technology that will change the way corporate security organizations operate around the globe. Our client has a "start-up" culture environment with an organizational passion for delivering new technologies to their customers.
- Work within a small, Agile team including software engineers, testers, customer operations, and end users.
- Help design, build, test, and maintain the cloud-based solution.
- Write well-designed, maintainable, testable, efficient code for both server and client.
- Align with and support established software coding protocol and standards including but not limited code reviews, continuous integration, automated testing.
- Understanding and application of Agile methodology and principles.
- Ability to maintain and modify existing applications with limited guidance or direction from senior team members.
- Manage your work through the use of GitLab, Jira, and our build/deploy systems.
Minimum Work Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Proven experience succeeding in a small, competent team.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- 2+ years' work experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, or GCP).
- Any experience with containerized applications using Docker & Kubernetes is highly preferred.
- Any experience with ExtJS or other modern JS frameworks is highly preferred.
- Any work experience working with cryptography and/or IT security is highly preferred.
This is a Direct Hire/Remote Position. Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship for non-US citizens cannot be provided.
HirePlace is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and military service status. We embrace diversity and are committed to inclusion in all of our hiring practices.