About Future Capital: Future Capital specializes in retirement planning and investment management, offering a comprehensive suite of investment management services for 401(k), 403(b) retirement plans, and IRAs. We combine state-of-the-art technology with a personal touch to ensure our clients' financial well-being.
Primary Role: As the Operations Manager at Future Capital, your primary responsibility is to oversee all aspects of back-office operations. This includes managing staffing, training, processing, data management, and reporting.
Job Interactions and Interface: Operational success is contingent upon your strong leadership, organizational skills, and decision-making abilities. You will collaborate with internal managers and oversee key operational functions, which may involve coordinating with external vendors to ensure smooth operations, troubleshoot issues, and minimize risks. It's essential that our systems function flawlessly, and our staff is well-trained. Your role also involves a consistent drive to enhance quality, productivity, and efficiency. Furthermore, you will play a crucial role in long-term planning, developing initiatives that align with our overall company goals.
- Supervise and manage staff, with a focus on the Service Center and Operations teams.
- Provide support to other departments, including sales, engineering, and marketing.
- Monitor and measure key performance indicators and objectives.
- Establish and document efficient processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain reporting for internal teams and external clients.
- Implement quality control checks to ensure top-notch service.
- Act as the primary point of contact for client-related issues and maintain ongoing client relationships.
- Build strong relationships with your peers.
- Leverage third-party resources effectively.
- Promote compliance and transparency in all practices.
- Adhere to cybersecurity best practices.
- Plan and review staff compensation policies.
- Foster collaboration among different teams to facilitate the exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities.
- Manage individual projects effectively.
- Focus on staff retention strategies.
- A degree in business administration, business management, or related fields, along with a minimum of 5 years of management or supervisory experience.
- At least 3 years of investment experience with a broad understanding of ERISA and the Retirement Services Industry, including various financial product offerings.
- Strong knowledge of compliance and regulatory standards.
- Possess a diverse skill set, with the ability to make quick decisions, solve problems, pay attention to detail, and build relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to handle a variety of functions and projects as priorities shift.
- Effective interpersonal skills for clear and efficient communication.
- Exhibit strong personal and professional judgment.
- The ability to respond swiftly to assess critical situations.
At Future Capital, we are committed to excellence, and we believe that with your expertise, we can achieve remarkable success in the retirement planning and investment management sector. We look forward to the contributions you will bring to our team.