We are working with our tribal partner to find an IT director for their casino.
Responsible for the management, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure for the organization. Plans, implements, controls, evaluates and improves all aspects of Information Technology, including computer systems, networks, operating systems, and telecommunications. Responsible for ensuring information technology is being utilized to assist departments in increasing operations.
• Manages the daily operations, long and short term planning, and administrative responsibilities for the Information Technology Department.
• Devises and establishes IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by
• Analyzes business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
• Utilizes technology to improve casino departmental operations.
• Responsible for overall operation of computer networks, systems, hardware and software.
• Responsible for all telecommunication systems and equipment.
• Serves as Project Manager for technical projects.
• Researches new technology applications and implements and improves upon where necessary.
• Works with all other departments and assures their information processing requirements are met.
• Ensure compliance with all NIGC, EDP, and MICS, as well as state and local gaming regulations,
policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the development and execution of the Information Technology budget, capital requests and Major Business Objectives.
• Develops, implements, and maintains the Information Technology policies and procedures.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates goals, objectives, programs, promotions, budgets, policies and procedures for Information Technology.
• Manages employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
• Monitors staff performance to ensure customer service standards are achieved.
• Ensures the Information Technology scheduling and staffing is sufficient and covers on call.
• Monitors and develops staff through evaluation and development plans by monitoring, training and
developing staff as it relates to service and sales.
• Develops and maintains a teamwork environment.
• Handles all personnel issues in a timely manner according to policies and procedures.
• Develops, implements, and monitors programs that ensure a safe, clean facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations.
• Ensures the execution of service expectations and core values.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all
• All other duties as assigned.
Communication Skills-speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
Leadership-inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
Management skills-includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
Quality management-looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Planning/organizing-prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Problem solving-identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes Information skillfully.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree required.
8 years of experience in Technology Project Management and systems/networks running on multiple
5 years managing/supervising an information technology team
2 years advance experience with Windows Networking
1 year managing telecommunications
Must have advanced skills and knowledge in the use of server based applications and networks, personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software and enterprise specific programs; preferably experience with Oasis, JDE, Opera, Micros.
Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license for the position.
Gaming industry experience required.
Please note the city listed isn’t representative of the location of the job, but region.. Please let us know if you’re interested!