S.H.A.R.E. Community Development Corp (SCDC) is a multifamily real estate development & investment company that develops, builds, sells, and manages Class-A multifamily apartment 4-plex and 8-plex buildings. Our core mission is to deliver superior profit margins for our Investor-Purchasers, provide maximum value for their tenants, and bring exceptional value to the communities that we serve.
At SCDC, we redefine the concept of value by focusing on the holistic betterment of society, recognizing that profit is only one aspect of our broader goals and responsibility.
We Are Looking For:
A Chief Legal Officer, who is passionate about developing housing, sustainability, innovation, and community development. You should have a proven record of accomplishment in leading a team of legal professionals from inside a fast-paced environment.
The CLO will provide legal advice and corporate strategy for the holding company and the operating subsidiaries. The CLO will be responsible for defining the corporate wide legal culture of the company, in addition to the supervision, implementation, collaboration, transparency, and professionalism of the legal team.
We are seeking a strategic leader capable of anticipating both opportunities and risks. A legal executive who can influence corporate policy and spearhead necessary change in both an independent and a collaborative manner. The successful candidate will bring his multi-decade expertise and exert his positive influence on our diverse team. As a senior executive, you will lead the efforts to assure that the company follows necessary legal guidelines, providing the subsidiary CEOs with guidance for all relevant issues, and effectively ensuring that all potential liabilities are identified and are addressed.
You will work with the Company’s leadership team to craft the development and the execution of capital raising strategies for securing long term company funding from investment banks and from other financial institutions by fostering strategic relationship/partnerships.
You will lead a legal department that actively practices corporate, real estate, HR & employment, intellectual property, and tax. Your decades of experience should include the supervision of talented lawyers, practicing in multiple legal specialties.
Qualification and Requirements:
- You are a strategic visionary with a holistic understanding of real estate development, construction practices and facilities management.
- You hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from a top-tier U.S. law school, with admission to the Texas (or other State) bar.
- You bring 20 plus years of professional experience either in a leading law firm or as an in-house legal counsel, where you demonstrated a mastery real estate development and / or construction law.
- Additional experience in Corporate, ECommerce, Employment, Intellectual Property, Financial Services, or Trusts and Estate would be a plus.
- You must be a self-starter, capable of dealing with a start-up environment, and evidence effective communication prowess, connected with the ability to address a myriad of issues in a timely fashion.
- This position is based in Downtown Houston, Texas.
- The salary is $312,000 minimum or more based on experience, and previous salary history.
- This is an on-site role. Our ideal candidate should be available to start within a maximum of two weeks upon the execution of a final employment agreement. Relocation assistance may be provided.
- S.H.A.R.E. stands for Supplying Humanity with Achievements, Resources, and Education and is part of our core belief that the human being is the most valuable asset on Earth.
- If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, our passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
S.H.A.R.E. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.
S.C.D.C. Houston strives to cultivate an environment of employee inclusion, innovation and passion that values all voices and opinions. We help each other succeed and great things happen when people from a diverse set of backgrounds come together.
Please visit our website at https://sharecommunitydevelopmentcorp.com
Notice to Third Party Agencies:
S.H.A.R.E. Community Development Corp. (“SCDC”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, SCDC will not consider or agree to the payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. Without a previously signed agreement, SCDC reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of SCDC.