We have a GREAT Opportunity for a New York City-based Security Sales Professional!
Why Cisco Security
Empowering the world to reach its full potential, securely—that’s our vision. We do this by providing effective security solutions and becoming our customers' most trusted partner. With Cisco Security, if it’s connected, it’s protected.
Our best-in-class sales team is fueled by a passion for keeping customers secure in a world of evolving cyber threats. Come join us, and let’s build the future of networking and security together.
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Cybersecurity Sales Specialist role open in our Global Security Sales Organization!
You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional with an interest in cybersecurity and drive to improve security resiliency in our customers and communities. As part of your DNA, you are a self-starter with a learning and competitive mindset. Cisco Cybersecurity Specialists are creative challengers with the ability to build strong executive and internal relationships through planning and accountability. You’ll hunt for opportunities to position Cisco’s end-to-end security portfolio, as well as cross-sell with all Cisco solutions, to help customers and partners get the most security value.
Check out the details:
- Develop and lead security account plans and strategies for each assigned region and the accounts assigned to it leveraging all available resources (executive sponsors, marketing, technical, services, Cisco on Cisco, etc.).
- Drive double digit revenue growth through new project identification, creation, and attach opportunities.
- Forecast and report activity accurately in line with expectations using SalesForce.com
- Identify major projects within the largest accounts and leading activities to maximize product and services revenue across the account base.
- Provide customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required
- Forge high-level relationships within critical strategic accounts to win incremental product and service business
- Partner closely with technical resources to ensure technical excellence in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, and exchanges
- Team with Cisco Channel Team and authorized channel partners on new and current sales opportunities leveraging their capabilities where appropriate.
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to increase corporate revenue growth. Track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities, MEDDPICC experience a plus
Who You’ll Work With
In this role as Cybersecurity Security Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for all sales of Cisco Security solutions and services. This candidate must be able to forge and grow new relationships within the customer and partner base via both direct and indirect touch to drive significant revenue growth while ensuring internal alignment.
Who You Are
- Direct touch sales combined with experience working in a matrixed organization and working with partners to improve results
- Experience selling network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies) or SaaS security offers
- Minimum of 5+ years of overall sales experience with at least 3+ years selling Security solutions
- Proven/Quantifiable record of over-achievement
- Large, deal management experience as well as geographic territory execution of account and partner plans
- Able to build and execute on an account plan which factors in a total systems-based security approach
- Adept at presenting to a largely technical audience
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to increase corporate revenue growth. Track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities
- Good all-round knowledge of Security Market
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proactive with ability to succeed in a multifaceted environment
- High level of attention to detail, able to demonstrate competence building and executing a large geographic plan across multiple accounts
- Ability to travel is required
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair- Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.