A network operations center (“NOC”) provides a central location for enterprise IT. Here, network operations center team members supervise,
monitor, and maintain an enterprise's services, databases, external services, firewalls, and networks.
NOC Engineers resolve any issues related to the servers, networks and telecommunications by consistently troubleshooting and monitoring. The
skills required for a NOC, or Network Operations Center include network support, network administration and management, switching and routing,
along with Linux
The NOC Engineer Tier 1 is responsible for managing and maintaining our end stores networks. Ensuring user satisfaction and quieting their
networks are essential in this position.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The NOC Engineer Tier 1 position is a key contributor in the success of managing our stores. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our
stores/users open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our users are aware.
Knowledge, Skills, And/or Abilities Required
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the regional network infrastructure 24x7 – MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL SHIFTS 6AM-6PMAZ TIME AND 9-4AZ TIME
- MUST HAVE great customer service skills and telephone demeanor
- MUST HAVE ability to make outbound phone calls
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
▪ Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
▪ Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
▪ Strong customer relationship skills.
▪ Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
▪ Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each ticket.
▪ Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
▪ Knowledge in basic networking configurations
▪ Experience in Windows Operating Systems.
▪ Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the ticket.
▪ Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
▪ Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
▪ Willingness to develop professionally.▪ Ability To Work With Little Supervision. Expected Outcomes
▪ Success in the NOC Engineer I position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client’s expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Tier Agreements) put in place for the various agreements.
▪ NOC Engineers will be graded on the profitability of the client agreements and on the quantity of closed tickets, speed of ticket closure and first-time ticket resolution.Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
▪ CCNA Certification
▪ 4-6 years’ experience in computer and network management is required
▪ Experience in managing store networks is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.