Hybrid 3/2 in Tallahassee, FL 32301 - Florida candidates only
- The selected candidate will be assigned to the Office of Information Technology serving the business unit's needs with respect to documenting critical business processes, analyzing current business functions for effectiveness and efficiency opportunities, assisting in process redesign, assisting in development and testing.
- Duties may include analyzing financial systems and dependent business processes and assisting in re-engineering in areas impacted by an ongoing business transformation. Duties may also include development, maintenance and subject matter expert for applications dealing with complex financial business processes on large cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.Must Have Experience ( Include Years Of Experience)
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7+ years as a lead developer or development manager
- 2.5+ years of broad experience working with development technologies including
- CA Gen
- Classic ASP
- DB2 for z/OS oOracle databases or similar relational databases.
The submitted candidate must be able to perform the following duties and/or tasks:
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Work as a developer and subject matter expert for applications dealing with complex financial business processes on large cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented.
- Provide guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments.
- Provide hands-on support to peers and mentor others.
- Identify, analyze and resolve
- problems and issues through the use of troubleshooting tools and techniques well as teamwork.
- Work with team toward continuous improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies; collaborate with other developers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
- Work in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the project is communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards.
- Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies and methodologies.
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of terminology and concepts of DB2 for z/OS or Oracle databases or similar relational databases, including SQL proficiency;
- Proficient with Computer Associates' CA Gen workstation toolset for web server, online and batch procedures;
- Knowledge of Computer Associates' CA Gen Com Proxy service;
- Knowledge of Active Server Pages (Classic ASP) web page development languages VB and J-script;
- Knowledge of IBM Z-Server, CICS, JCL, and COBOL;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net preferred;
- Experience with the development and maintenance of Software systems dealing with complex financial business processes;
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions;
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead development teams;
Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management