Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!About the Role:
You will drive the technical evaluation stage of the overall sales process; you are a critical driver of customer success as containers revolutionize the modern enterprise. In this role, you will be the key technical advisor to the sales team, work very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider Docker and Container communities.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most critical technologies in our industry today. You will be a key technical advisor to Docker customers as they change how they Build, Ship, and Run their applications.You Will Help Our Customers:
- Move past the high-level concepts and learn how Docker fits into their environment and how to get started.
- Transform their development pipelines, automate their infrastructure, and remove friction, enabling them to bring new ideas to market quickly.
- Serve as an industry expert on technology, people, and processes around software development & operating containers at an Enterprise scale.
You will also articulate Docker’s technical and product positioning to various business and technical stakeholders and forge strong relationships with them throughout the sales cycle and beyond.What You’ll Do:
- Engage with customers to document their requirements and communicate the technical value of Docker.
- Work with the sales team to create technical proposals and presentations for customer meetings.
- Initiate and manage multiple proofs of concepts, working directly with the prospect to deliver upon their success criteria.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Sales, Engineering, and Product teams.
- Work with your sales counterpart to devise and execute a winning strategy to deliver a ‘technical win’ for the account/opportunity.
- Learn about and educate people on the incredible capabilities and value that Docker delivers to our enterprise customers.
About The Team
- 8+ years of experience with technical sales of distributed systems and infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, or Big Data products.
- Operational experience with a Docker-based container platform.
- Familiarity with Developer tools, including CI and CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies - Any of the three major cloud vendors & cloud-native apps is excellent to have
- Development experience (scripting, application development, etc.) is a plus.
- Significant experience with Linux.
- Exceptional communication capabilities include a presentation style that addresses a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives.
- Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to tackle complex technical problems,
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience and willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach.
- Previous experience building solutions with Docker, Kubernetes, etc is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel to clients to foster effective sales relationships.
- CS degree a plus
Unified From Afar: At Docker, our Sales Engineering team embraces the future of work by operating remotely. But don't mistake distance for detachment. We are closely knit, collaborating seamlessly across time zones and digital spaces to offer our customers the best pre-sales experience. Our virtual watercooler moments ensure we remain in contact, and our diverse geographical locations only enrich the breadth of experiences and insights we bring to the table.
Sharing Is Caring: Every team member is a reservoir of knowledge, but what makes us truly special is our innate willingness to share that expertise. We believe that when one of us wins, we all win. By openly exchanging ideas, strategies, and insights, we ensure that our collective wisdom grows, allowing us to offer unmatched solutions to our clients.
Never Stop Learning: While each of us comes with a wealth of knowledge, we recognize the infinite value of learning from one another. Every interaction is an opportunity to grow, and we foster an environment where questions are celebrated and curiosity is rewarded. Our team is a melting pot of experiences, and there's always something new to learn from each other.
Customer Success is Our North Star: We're not just sales engineers but advocates for our customers' success. Our enthusiasm isn't just about closing deals; it's about witnessing our clients thrive with our solutions. Every interaction is guided by a genuine desire to outline their goals, ensuring we deliver solutions that propel them towards success.
Join us and be part of a team where distance does not deter unity, your expertise is valued and amplified, and every customer interaction is an opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact.What to Expect:
In the first 30 days:
In the first 90 days:
- Learn what makes Docker unique - its culture, virtues, and team - through our onboarding program
- Meet Dockhands from across Docker and build a network to help you on our journey.
- Extending your current knowledge of Docker’s products with 101 - 401 level enablement on our technology and messaging
- Start to shadow team members on customer engagements of every kind
In the first year:
- Begin to develop relationships and deepen knowledge of key customers
- Refine proficiency in demonstrating some of Docker’s commercial features
- Engage customers directly - discovery sessions, demos and presentations, and account-level events
- Establish a career plan to focus your development and growth at Docker
- You’ll ask yourself why you ever worked anywhere else
- Support investing in you through certifications on Docker, Cloud providers, and other technologies to help further your career
- Make contributions to the assets and tooling used by your peers
- Attend in-person conferences for both our customers and other technologies that you want to learn more about
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.