Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
The Marketing team at Docker is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to help craft the next stage of our company. You’ll work cross-functionally with our team to build unique and compelling brand experiences while championing Docker’s brand promise and vision. As a designer, you’ll be given a large creative space to explore and be inventive with the team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio demonstrating a high proficiency in design fundamentals, illustration, motion, and working in both print and digital.Responsibilities:
- Help develop our visual identity and design style
- Establish an illustration style that scales across Docker’s various products
- Design for print materials, trade shows, SWAG, and other physical goods
- Design page layouts and visual treatments for web and mobile
- Help establish our motion design style via web and video
- Set a high-bar for quality, pixel perfection, and creative output
- 3+ years of experience designing for SaaS or software-related products
- High-concept brand thinking and implementation (matching color, typography, iconography, guidelines with voice, strategy, and mission)
- Has a strong visual portfolio demonstrating brand development, illustration, web, motion, and 3D (a nice to have, but not required).
- Ability to work quickly and develop ideas in short time windows
- Light experience working in UX (wireframing, flow diagramming, and user testing)
- Experience working in video or photography a plus
- Strong interest in designing for developer tools
- Understand the core of Docker’s mission and values and how this impacts the brand
- Work on existing Docker projects and deliverables
- Begin explorations and brainstorming of Docker’s brand future!
- Able to execute independently and consistently
- Audit of existing design collateral across Marketing and Product
- Work cross-functionally across Docker’s various teams to evolve the brand
- Become a leader of and authority of the visual design language at Docker
- Transition the Docker brand to its new look, feel, and voice
- Build the repository of creative assets for teams to use across the company
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.