Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is looking for individuals who are motivated to exceed expectations. The SMB Account Executive is a quota-carrying individual responsible for selling Fastly’s full suite of products to new and existing customers. You will be in charge of the full sales cycle from prospecting, pitching, negotiating to close within a clearly defined territory.
As an SMB Account Executive, you will be responsible for handling all inbound inquiries and work those opportunities from initial qualification to close. Forecast sales activity and revenue using Salesforce.com. This role, once proficiency is reached, will prepare you for the succeeding Commercial Account Executive seat.What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Manage all inbound inquiries and proactively conduct outbound pipeline generation activities via phone, email and LinkedIn
- Drive and execute against plan, managing your assigned territory
- Ensure a successful adoption of Fastly through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post Sales Engineering and support resources
- Elevate Fastly’s vision and communicate our value proposition to VP and C-Suite executives
- Work closely with your Solution Engineer to deliver both business and technical value to prospects and customers
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Product, Marketing, and Revenue Operations to meet customer business needs
- Ensure high forecasting accuracy and consistency
- 2+ years sales experience
- Proven track record of success and ability to thrive in a metrics-driven sales culture
- Comfortable and compelling on the phone, via email, LinkedIn and in person
- Eagerness to work hard, exceed expectations and outperform quotas
- Curiosity and a desire to understand the customer's industry/business needs
- Demonstrate an insatiable appetite to learn and improve
- Fearless attitude and a willingness to take intelligent risks
- Background in MEDDPPICC and Command of the Message
Work Location & Travel Requirements:
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
This position is open to the following preferred office locations:
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.Salary
The estimated range for On-Target Earnings for this role is $101,860 to $127,330. On-Target Earnings consists of a combination of annual base pay and sales compensation variable target. The standard pay split for this role (i.e. base pay vs. variable target %) is 70/30%.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.Benefits
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), a non-accrual vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2024, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.Why Fastly?
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at email@example.com or 501-287-4901.