The Tax Accountant is responsible for day-to-day & month-end close of tax accounting specifically property tax accrual, property tax reporting, use tax accruals, sales tax return review, new SKU review for sales tax, tax account reconciliation. This position also requires working with auditors to support and manage auditors requests to ensure timely completion of audits. This is a hybrid, temporary position and the ideal candidate is someone who is a team player, seeking to learn, and driven by outcomes. The successful candidate will use research, analysis, and problem-solving skills to ensure appropriate application of tax policies. This is a great chance for someone who wants to develop their tax accounting skills and grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare journal entries with supporting documentation for assigned accounts
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, analysis & resolving discrepancies for assigned accounts
- Prepare property tax returns, make property tax payments, using Ryan/OneSource software
- Review monthly sales tax returns prepared by third party, identify and communicate any corrections or discrepancies by deadline
- Review new SKUs for sales taxability as new products are offered
- Assist with the preparation annual and quarterly income tax provision by updating supporting workpapers
- Work with other accounting and finance teams to obtain information to make general ledgeer entries, etc.
- Assist with sales tax, property tax, income tax audit responses as needed
- Ad hoc reports and special accounting projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of relevant tax compliance/accounting experience
- Knowledge of full cycle of accounting processes and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Microsoft office proficient, Intermediate excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems, MS Dynamics NAV experience a plus
- Flexibility - Ability to work independently yet collaboratively with team
- Strong interpersonal skills; good oral/written communication skills
Please note this is a full-time, temporary position.
At Trend Micro, we embrace change, empower people, and encourage innovation in a connected world. Our diversity and multicultural workforce are key contributing factors to our success across the globe. Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.