Trend Micro, a global cybersecurity leader, helps make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Fueled by decades of security expertise, world-leading global threat research and intelligence, and continuous innovation, our cybersecurity platform protects hundreds of thousands of organizations and millions of individuals across clouds, networks, devices, and endpoints
With +7,000 employees across 65 countries, and the world’s most advanced global threat research and intelligence, Trend Micro enables organizations to simplify and secure their connected world. TrendMicro.com
Location: Austin, TX / on-site
Trend Micro is seeking a Sr. Electrical Design Engineer to join the TippingPoint System HW Development Team whose responsibilities include the design and verification of next generation Network Security platforms. The successful candidate will work with a talented team that designs these leading edge, high performance network security protection appliances that reside in enterprise data centers and central offices to direct, inspect and filter malicious traffic.
- Full EE Design ownership for assigned systems or subystems from concept to production (Schematic Design, PCB Stackup Design, Layout Guidance, Layout Simulations, HW Bring-Up, Characterization, Functional & Stress Testing, Release to Production).
- Debug / Troubleshoot complex design issues with systems in development as well as currently shipping systems, with an emphasis on root-cause-analysis.
- Provides and/or facilitates guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Attends functional and cross-functional team meetings.
- Provides regular detailed progress reports to management.
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years or BS in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of hardware development experience.
- Proven track record of successfully bringing designs from concept to production.
- Excellent understanding of transmission line theory.
- HW Design experience with high-speed serial interfaces such as PCIe Gen2~Gen4 and 100GbE KR4 and CAUI4.
- HW Design experience with high-speed parallel interfaces such as DDR3 & DDR4.
- Experience in Intel XEON-based x86 Server Design is a plus.
- Experienced with lab analysis/debug tools such as high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers.
- Experienced in CAD tools for schematic capture and layout (Cadence Design Systems experience is a plus).
- FPGA / CPLD design experience for glue/combinatorial logic is a plus.
- Experienced with layout simulations tools for high-speed interfaces and power integrity such as Ansys Electromagnetics Suite.
- Good understanding of Design-for-Manufacturing and Design-for-Test requirements and trade-offs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
At Trend Micro, we embrace change, empower people, and encourage innovation in a connected world. Our diversity and multicultural workforce are key contributing factors to our success across the globe. Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.