No Agency Submissions Accepted.
Onsite work in Sunnyvale, CA 3 days per week
In this role, you will oversee the complete commission process for a leading Zero Trust cybersecurity company, from plan implementation and calculation of payouts to ensuring compliance with ASC 340-40, thereby playing a pivotal role in aligning sales incentives with business goals.
Everyday you will collaborate with Sales Leadership, Operations, and HR to optimize and automate commission processes, address inquiries, and provide insightful reporting to drive sales performance and efficiency.
To thrive in this role, you must combine a strong foundation in finance or accounting (CPA or CMA a plus), exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record in commission management, preferably in the software or SaaS industry.About the Team:
The Sales Commission Manager will oversee the end-to-end commission process, including commission plan implementation and issuance, calculation of commission payouts, commission accounting under ASC 340-40, and addressing commission-related inquiries from the sales team. This role will play a critical role in ensuring that our sales compensation structure drives performance and is administered in a fair and transparent manner.
We are a world-class Finance team driving efficient growth for the leader in Zero Trust cybersecurity. The Finance Team provides business partnerships to our key stakeholders, builds scalable infrastructure, and ensures the optimization of our financial model.
As a business, we are approaching a major milestone in growth. To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for smart individuals who share our values, consistently deliver high-quality work, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Illumio.Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and HR to implement, and communicate sales commission plans that align with business objectives and motivate the sales team
- Ensure timely issuance and distribution of commission plans to eligible sales personnel
- Oversee the accurate and timely calculation of commission payouts, taking into account quotas, attainment, and special incentives
- Continuously optimize and automate commission calculation processes to minimize errors and improve efficiency
- Maintain a deep understanding of ASC 340-40 and ensure that commission accounting practices are in compliance with the accounting standards
- Work closely with the Accounting Operations team to manage timely payout and accurate commission accrual processes and reconcile commission expenses
- Serve as the primary point of contact for sales team inquiries related to commissions, providing timely and accurate responses
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to resolve commission-related issues and discrepancies
- Develop and produce regular commission reporting and analytics to provide leadership with insights into sales performance and commission expenses
- Identify trends and opportunities for improvement in the commission structure
- This role reports to the Head of Revenue and Technical Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. CPA or CMA certification is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in commission management, with a proven track record in software or SaaS industry preferred
- Strong knowledge of ASC 340-40 and commission accounting principles
- Experience with commission calculation software, preferably CaptivateIQ
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and data integrity
- Minimum 3 days per week in our office in Sunnyvale, CA
Illumio, the pioneer and market leader of Zero Trust segmentation, prevents breaches from becoming cyber disasters. Illumio protects critical applications and valuable digital assets with proven segmentation technology purpose-built for the Zero Trust security model. Illumio ransomware mitigation and segmentation solutions see risk, isolate attacks, and secure data across cloud-native apps, hybrid and multi-clouds, data centers, and endpoints, enabling the world’s leading organizations to strengthen their cyber resiliency and reduce risk.
Illumio believes that an environment of unique backgrounds, experiences, viewpoints, and individual contributions drives our success and makes us stronger together. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse culture and emphasizing inclusion and belonging.Pay Range:
$129,000.00USD - $155,000.00USD
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, or applicable laws.Benefits:
At Illumio we offer a wide range of benefits to our eligible team members. Our benefit programs vary by location and can include Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage – Health and Dependent Savings Accounts – Life and Disability Programs – Paid Parental Leave – Voluntary Benefit Programs – Company Sponsored Wellness Program – Wellness Reimbursement Program - Retirement Savings – Equity Opportunities – Paid time off and Paid Holidays – Employee Incentive Program.