Roadie is improving developer effectiveness in engineering organizations across the globe. By helping companies adopt and use Backstage, the open-source developer portal and service catalog developed at Spotify, we are making developers' lives easier and more productive. We believe we’re at an inflection point where we can build a huge company if we make the correct choices now. The work you do will directly impact that forward progress. We are a fully remote, seed stage startup, backed by some of the best investors in the DevTools ecosystem. From developer first VC firms like Boldstart, to individual angels like Guy Podjarny - the founder of developer focussed security company Snyk, and Adam Gross, the ex-CEO of Heroku. Though our company is young and has grown quickly, we have maintained a tight-knit culture and way of working even though we’re spread across 7 different European countries. We aim to create a company culture where individual employees are empowered and trusted to do their best work. We are focused on collaboration, learning, and community conscientiousness.
About the Position
We’re looking for the first Solutions Engineer Roadie has ever hired. You will be responsible for increasing activation across the customer lifecycle, for both prospects and existing customers. You will be responsible for:
- Meeting with prospects during POC to help them get maximum value from the product based on their needs and Roadie’s activation metrics. You will tag-team with Roadie’s Founder and CEO throughout the sales cycle to hand hold our most valuable POCs to ensure the POC process is smooth, efficient, and value-add for the prospect.
- Identifying existing customers that could benefit from increased usage of existing or new features. Meeting with these customers to understand why they are not using these features and working with them to increase usage of these features.
- Improving the usability of the product through developing resources for the self-serve customer journey. You will do this by ensuring documentation is up-to-date, useful, accessible, and easy to consume, but also through creating new resources such as webinars, blog posts, looms etc. so our prospects and customers are set up for success.
To be successful in this position you should enjoy these ways of working:
Define, design and deliver solutions - you will get to develop creative solutions with lots of autonomy to ensure our customers have an excellent buying journey and have continued success with Roadie as part of their company.
Facilitate decisions, rather than make them - you will communicate directly with customers, engineers, sales and marketing on a daily basis. You understand that you work with the other teams in a collaboration. You make decisions by bringing stakeholders together, and ensuring everyone has access to the information they need to act autonomously.
See the bigger picture - your job doesn’t have a defined start and end point. We are a very small team and we all directly contribute to Roadie's success. You should have the desire to want to improve processes that affect your ability to get your job done, even if they don’t directly relate to your job, by working with other teams to help each other level-up processes together.
What We're Offering
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed start-up that is building in a whole new market. Our customers are established scale-ups like Snyk, Hopper, MyFitnessPal and Contentful.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
- We provide a meaningful stock options package.
- 40 days paid time off (inclusive of public holidays in your country).
- Fully remote position with flexible working arrangements.
- Travel will be required at least once a year to meet the team.
- Your Spotify subscription is subsidised.
- An Employee Assistance Program that includes free counselling sessions, financial advice assistance, mental wellbeing support, consumer advice, among other benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are obsessed with driving activation. It drives you on to help users get more value from a product and unlock new features that helps them be more successful.
- You are curious and love solving novel technical and complex problems. You get a little pang of joy when you ship something that solves a customer problem.
- You are a customer advocate and you understand the importance of representing the customer’s point of view when working cross-functionally.
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy - this is the first role of its kind within Roadie so you should be excited about shaping the role in line with the changing needs of Roadie and its customers.
- You are a builder - we are a small team and although we are growing rapidly we like to do a lot with a little. We want someone with a big and bold vision for the future of this role but who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and build the path to that vision.
- You are excited about influencing the product roadmap at an early stage company and seeing a product grow and improve rapidly.
- This is a fully remote position. You should be based in US/Canada East Coast time zone in order to have overlap with our customers in both the EU and US.
- You have 3+ years proven experience working in B2B technical sales, technical customer success, or solutions engineering, in a high-growth company or a start-up environment.
- You have experience working with a Product Manager or a team who was tasked with increasing activation or usage in a product.
- Experience identifying patterns in the prospects and customers’ experiences and communicating these patterns effectively to non-customer facing team members.
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities in processes and developing novel solutions to improve them.
- You have familiarity with sales techniques (ex. understanding pain, handling objections, negotiation, closing the sale etc.)
- You have technical experience and familiarity with how engineering teams operate — our customers are engineers so you must also have an ability to understand how engineering teams operate. Our buyer profile is usually senior engineering management so it is important that you can understand their jobs-to-be-done and how Roadie can address them.
- Excellent communication skills regardless of whether your audience is technical or non-technical. You must have fluent written and spoken English and be very comfortable talking to customers from all industries.
- Experience with the following:
- using sales tools and CRMs (eg. Salesforce, Intercom).
Nice to Have Attributes
- It would be excellent if you have proven, similar experience within support at an early stage company. You will be responsible for building the groundwork for Solutions Engineering in Roadie and it would be a huge bonus if you had experience doing this in another company.
We aren’t stuck on hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product person.