Enterprise Engineering is responsible for developing in-house applications that support the growth and speed of Datadog and its employees. The teams work closely with our partners within Enterprise Technology, as well as other business units across the organization, to reduce manual toil and help improve processes through automated solutions. This includes developing our account lifecycle management platform, SaaS management, ensuring accurate identity and access management through data pipelines, building full stack web applications used by various internal teams and integrating disparate systems.
You will work with the team to prioritize the roadmap through quarterly OKRs. You will contribute to the team’s RFC process, sprint rituals, code reviews and iterate on other processes within the team. You will grow the engineers on the team, identify opportunities to add value through software and be a strong advocate for your team.At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
Who You Are:
- Set the strategy, roadmap, and quarterly goals for your team
- Manage a distributed team of talented software engineers, ensuring delivery, and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Build awareness in the organization to the mission of Enterprise Engineering
- Facilitate a culture of innovation through new software, solutions and programs
- Ensure your teams are adhering to various security, privacy and compliance standards
- Broadly communicate team health, productivity and wins to senior leaders
- Will manage scrum team of 5-6 direct reports
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
- 5+ Years of experience in the software industry, 2+ as a manager
- Able to coach and contribute to a team with a heavy mix of operational and developmental responsibilities
- Someone who has lead large projects from inception to delivery
- Pragmatic in balancing technical debt and new development
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communications skills
Benefits & Growth:
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $168,000 - $216,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.Your Privacy:
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.