We are an entrepreneurial nonprofit that believes California has the capacity to ensure every student develops the knowledge, skills, and ability to make informed decisions about environmental issues facing our communities and our world. We work collaboratively to bring California schools, environmental education providers, teachers, parents, and students together to ensure a thriving planet for future generations.
We work with our partners to support a new generation of young people in understanding and caring for the planet. We foster efforts to infuse environmental themes into core subjects, and empower teachers to use the environment as a context for learning in core subject areas—science, social studies, English language arts, and more. We believe all California students deserve a high-quality education that promotes achievement, health, and wellbeing, and we have a unique opportunity currently to ensure that happens.
We are looking for an operations associate to provide vital support to the CEO and other members of the Ten Strands team. This person has an interest in environmental literacy and sustainable and climate resilient schools, and will be responsible for a broad variety of back-end operations such as information technology, administration, human resources, and will support Ten Strands’ programs and projects.
· BA degree or equivalent and 5+ years’ related experience. Experience effectively handling project management by planning, coordinating, and carrying out tasks on behalf of a CEO/ED.
· Experience managing information systems operations including hardware, software, and desktop support. Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to IT support and troubleshooting.
· Required - Proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Zoom. Desired - Proficiency in 1Password, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Docusign, GoDaddy, Google Sites, Photoshop, Salesforce, Monday.com, and Slack.
· Clear, direct, and succinct writer. Required - Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
· Meticulous. Takes the time and effort to ensure work is accurate, precise, and of high quality.
· Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others, including the ability to collaborate in a positive, constructive, and succinct manner.
· Exceptional time management and planning skills, and ability to self-manage and follow through to ably and reliably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
· Able to quickly grasp new concepts. Develops creative solutions, adapts quickly, and/or evaluates and develops methods and strategies for completing tasks and projects. Skilled in bringing forward thoughtful ideas.
- Colleagues regularly engaged in conversations about race, class, power and privilege and dismantling systems of oppression as part of our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Salary $60,000 a year
- 100% covered competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with discretionary contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- This position can be based anywhere in California. Work is conducted in your designated home office or an offsite location or our office in the Presidio, San Francisco
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Isabel Montilla, recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equitable and inclusionary hiring practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, or other legally protected status.
Learn more about Ten Strands at https://tenstrands.org.